Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Reichkriegsflag inquiry?

Article about: I was not sure where to post this, but I wanted to get your thoughts on these two flags. There is a local auction here in Georgia coming up from an old ladies estate and these are listed. I

?

Default Reichkriegsflag inquiry?

I was not sure where to post this, but I wanted to get your thoughts on these two flags. There is a local auction here in Georgia coming up from an old ladies estate and these are listed. I am not too sure about them and exactly what markings they are and what would be there value on bidding, maybe even if the first is even worth bidding (Looks really crummy) but here are the pictures - The listing for the first states - Early Nazi flag 68in x 86 in
    second is just -
    Early Nazi flag.

Any help on ID'ing them and possibly some sort of value would be appreciated if you don't mind. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichkriegsflag inquiry?   Reichkriegsflag inquiry?  

Reichkriegsflag inquiry?   Reichkriegsflag inquiry?  

Attached Images Attached Images Reichkriegsflag inquiry? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichkriegsflag inquiry?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Flag inquiry?

Hi Reidii, firstly both flags are original.

The one is poor condition is the Reichskriegsflagg. (As per the stamp on the edge) This was the National War flag. Used by all branches of the Armed forces.

The second one is a National flag which has been used on a boat or ship, note the "eagle M" marking for Naval use.

Value: the "salty" cut down one is very difficult to value. I would not pay too much for this. But maybe in the right display it could have a certain charm, say used as a backing for a display case for badges? This one, in good condition would fetch around £350 plus here. The second flag I don't know a value. I could only guess. Maybe £250?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the help! The auction is on Tuesday night, it'll be quite interesting to see how the bidding goes. I'll post here to let you know what the flags go up to.

Thanks again - you've always been a great help.

The Reichskreigsfahne with the Marine stamp appears to be heavily patched and not well done. Unless the end is folded over, it is also missing about 1/4 of the flag. Another possibility is that the flag is folded over to hide damage or other repair work. If you are bidding on these items, I would not get to excited over the Kreigsfahne. Both flags are fairly common in good condition.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.