MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reichskriegsflag: Info Needed, if you please...

Article about: Hi Peoples, I have an opportunty to get a 10ft by 5 ft Krieg flag, seems in near mint condition: Here is background to the flag: The flag is signed by a Usa soldier and dated at the time and

Default Reichskriegsflag: Info Needed, if you please...

Hi Peoples,

I have an opportunty to get a 10ft by 5 ft Krieg flag, seems in near mint condition:
    Here is background to the flag:
    The flag is signed by a Usa soldier and dated at the time and town of capture by the same soldier.
    There is a name of the soldier who found it and a chum of his signed the flag too, I am assuming that there is no other information that is coming with the flag like family address or photos, so the only provinance is the name and date on the flag, done by the soldier.

My Question: Is the flag less collectable or more collectable (or what..?) due to the name and date of the flags 'kidnapping' being written on it.

Ie is it worth buying, or should I get an unblemished flag instead of a non provinced (apart from the flags GI inscription) flag.

I hope I make sense.

Cheers guys

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsflag: Info Needed, if you please...
    P
    Many

Default re: Reichskriegsflag: Info Needed, if you please...

to each their own,,,some like signed flags,some don't.....

I agree, it all depends on each one`s personal opinion.
    My opinion, i like signed flags.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

One thing to consider if you think you might sell it in the future is that large flags are harder to sell than smaller ones because they can't be displayed easily. Regarding the GI signatures, I love them, but some will always question whether they are real etc... As others said, that is a matter of personal preference. Of course, if the signatures are legible, you can probably research the names and get some information that would corroborate the provenance. Cheers, Jim G.

HELMET:

In Australia we have a website where we can look up the names of our past serving soldiers, we can see alot of the paperwork of our soldiers, giving a richer history..
    Does the USA have a similar USA internet site where I can look up a name at least.

I like what you all say relating to the signed unsigned problem. I personally LOVE huge flags, and while i wont ever sell (I hope) I do like to keep the selling option as a cherry on top of a purchase.

Let me know if there is a servicemens record search website guys.

Cheers

Jason