Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...

Article about: Yes - saw two as well, but had to go back and look, lol.........

Default Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...

Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...
    Last edited by Black Edelweiss; 11-18-2012 at 05:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...
    P
    Many

Default re: Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...

From what little I see this is a real/genuine flag. There should be small
    re-enforcement pieces at the corners.........
    Regards,

Steve.

there is ...it is the nicest flag ive seen .....NOS ....not a mark on it ..to bad it is my friends ! he did a deal for a walther p38 and the flag ! what would be the value of this flag?

Black Edelweiss: The company that made the flag, Lorenz Summa Söhne in Oberkotzau was founded in 1856 and was making flags during WWII, and The Kr. FL stamp is correct. I think you want to know if the flag was made during the Third Reich period or after the war. My guess is that it is probably a genuine flag from that period, but without seeing the flag laid out for closer examination I can't say that is certain. It could be a postwar product. I suggest that you hang the flag on a wall so that you can get a clear, sharp photo of the flag overall, and look to see if there are any stamps on it other than what you have already provided. If there are, photograph them too. I'm not sure, but I think Lorenz Summa Söhne went out of business in 1986, but I know they were still making flags up to then. For years i had a WWI Kaiserliche Marine flag they made, but it was a 1960's product. Anyway, if you can provide better photos I'm sure that one of the members will be able to tell you with certainty if the flag is authentic or not. Dwight

as to worth if real //i was thinking 500-1000.00?..

Possibly $500-$600 to a collector. A dealer will pay far less
    and then want top dollar - $650-$750.
    Regards,

Steve.

Are we looking at two flags? Do I see 80x135 and 150x250?

Luke

Black Edelweiss: I found this price chart and warning online:

"This flag is currently being reproduced. It is becoming more difficult to be able to tell the fake ones from the real ones because the quality of the reproductions is improving. The collector must become familiarized with the construction style and materials employed in the manufacturing of this flag. Attention to the details is critical in order to be able to determine the authenticity of the flag."

PRICING GUIDE INFORMATION

The value for WWII German flags and other military antiques and collectibles is provided as a means to educate the collector community and individuals who have a general interest on the field. The following is an estimated value. Prices may vary in every state and every country. This service is provided courtesy of MilitaryItems.com. The source for military antiques and collectibles in the web.
    PRICING GUIDE INFORMATION

The value for WWII German flags and other military antiques and collectibles is provided as a means to educate the collector community and individuals who have a general interest on the field. The following is an estimated value. Prices may vary in every state and every country. This service is provided courtesy of MilitaryItems.com. The source for military antiques and collectibles in the web.
    Year 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015
    Value $300.00 $375.00 $420.00 $440.00 $470.00
    Availability
    Medium Medium Medium Medium Medium
    Invest Grade
    B B B B B

Luke: You have a good eye. You're right, there are two sizes shown in this post. My eyes aren't as sharp as yours, but in the full size flag photo I see ?X250 and in the other photo I see 80X135. Steve, do you see the same thing? Edelweiss, can you enlighten us on this point? Dwight

Default Re: Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...

sorry i posted two flags ......

Default Re: Reichskriegsflag: this was said to be a real flag ...

Black Edelweiss: No problem, can you post a good, clear photo of the one we started with? Thanks. Both sides if possible, and sharp close-ups of any printing on it. Dwight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast