Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)

Article about: Hello all, I recently took a trip to Baton Rouge, LA for work and came across this flag in my travels. This is the only German flag I have owned and from what I can tell it is a good flag. I

?

Default Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)

Hello all,

I recently took a trip to Baton Rouge, LA for work and came across this flag in my travels. This is the only German flag I have owned and from what I can tell it is a good flag.

It has solid reinforement tabs on the corners, along with 6 stitch lines on the long side of the flag and 7 stitch lines along the short end of the flag. The flag has very light markings, but is not marked 60x90 from what I can tell. I did read that any flag marked 60x90 is a reproduction and should be left alone. In my research I also found that these flags were only made in 3x5 ratios, is this correct?

The construction of the flag is cotton and does not appear to have been made on a modern machine. It has a very similar feel to all of my cotton US flags from that era.

The only marking I can make out is (Holland) and I believe this is an 80cm x 135cm.

Im hoping I made a good decision in the purchase, if not I guess I will have to chop this up to a (expensive) learning curve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)   Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)  

Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)   Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichskriegsflagge (German War Flag)
    P
    Many

A nice original Battle Flag. Nice find.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello Doug,
    A very nice example with a little rust staining.
    It is the same as this one posted the other day. An original used by all branches of the German forces.
    Question about german battle flag?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks William! The confirmation is much appreciated. Now time to find a permanent home for it in the display case.

Ralph, this is a different flag. The markings on mine are not nearly as clear. Mine are nearly entirely gone.

Quote by dramos View Post
    Thanks William! The confirmation is much appreciated. Now time to find a permanent home for it in the display case.

Ralph, this is a different flag. The markings on mine are not nearly as clear. Mine are nearly entirely gone.
    I realize it's not the same flag Doug, I meant that it was the same type. Made in a different location maybe but still the same.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good looking flag. Nice find.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Whoops, sorry Ralph, completely misread your post!

Thanks Marty! I was happy to find it and bring it home!

Now....you need to find it's equally attractive first cousin-the State Service Flag!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thats next on the list William!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast