Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

S A Fanfare Trumpet

Article about: A fanfare trumpet with trumpet banner for a band member of an S A Standarte Staff

Sean1970
    ?

Default Re: S A Fanfare Trumpet

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    The background? Its provenance is out of Hamburg, Germany ca.1986 from part time college student/dealer. The history of these are somewhat unknown other than there being introduced in late 1938 for large Schutzpolizei bands.
    Thanks, the Green backing is most striking IMO, sean

2. # ADS

Default Re: S A and Police Fanfare Trumpets!

Quote by Sean1970 View Post
    I like the colour of that Green, do you know the background to this piece? Sean
    Sean, did you mean here that you wanted to know what material was used as the base of this flag? It is a green wool material, not silk like was used in the green police Schellenbaum flags. Of course there was some cheaper produced Schellenbaum flags that used green wool as a base material with the eagle machine applied.

Sean1970
    ?

Hi, no not really, i was purely commenting that the green background makes the item very pleasing to the eye and knowing some general background to a piece makes the item even more interesting, best Sean

Rich Moran
    ?

That banner is pictured in Jill Halcombs book The SA on page 263.

In the book the SA insigna is shown upside down. So I think that this represents the down under SA contingency of that books publish date.

If you look closely, you can see where the banner was folded and silver staining in the red silk.

Another blast from the past.

Bob, do you have any info on SA Rieter Standardt 5/64? The SA RS 5/64 came of Herr Wolfes wall the same time in mid 80's and I have not done research of the unit. Any ideas?

Rich, is it 5/RS64 or 5/RS164. According to the SHAEF listing, there was no RS64. But there was an RS164 located at Osnabruck.

Well, SHAEF was perhaps correct in 1944, but from period sources from mid 1930s, I can state that RS 64 existed and was located in Osnabrueck. I can't give you a location for Sturm 5 though.
    Last edited by Poloberst; 10-05-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: new info

Rich Moran
    ?

The SA Reiter Standardt is a red swallow tail with twisted gold bullion along its edges and it is 5/64 in white on a green patch.

Thanks for asking.

So it would be a Sturm Stander, like the NSKK pennants, not a Regimental Standard?

Rich-
    I believe you are referingt to a Reiter Sturmfahne, similar to this piece from Gruppe Pommern. If your corner patch is dark green with gold edging, the unit would have come from Gruppe Nordsee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S A Fanfare Trumpet   S A Fanfare Trumpet  

BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Rich Moran
    ?

Yessir Bob, thats the one. Thanks every body for helping on that.

now thats a collection amazing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast