Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SA Marine Pennant.

Article about: Hey Everyone. I ran across this interesting pennant and I'm looking for any help that I can get on it. Only ever seeing a few that look close to this, I like it but I am hoping someone with

Default SA Marine Pennant.

Hey Everyone. I ran across this interesting pennant and I'm looking for any help that I can get on it. Only ever seeing a few that look close to this, I like it but I am hoping someone with more knowledge and experience can shed more light on it for me. I'm also looking for more information on the SA Marine and if possible I'd like to hear of any sources that are out there that I can check out to further my knowledge on the SA Marine.
    Thanks a lot guys!

Luke

SA Marine Pennant.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Marine Pennant.
    P
    Many

Luke, can you give me the size for this pennant, please?
    Whatever it is, the anchor should point too the middle of the flag (officially)l
    the number 1/21 is not quite according to the given sample!

Hello Wim.
    I'm sorry I forgot to include the size. It's 12" X 8".
    So the anchor is pointed the wrong way and the 1/21 looks different from other examples you've seen?
    Thank you!

Luke

I quote from the official regulation about command-flags from December 2, 1935.
    The car pennants just were having a smaller size.
    A Sturmbann-flag, which it looks it be, should have the size 25.0 x 40.0 cm.
    But who knows occasionally smaller or other sizes were made when regulations
    were not that strict yet!

There was anyway a Marine-Standarte at Düsseldorf with the number 21. Note the size
    for the anchor = the size for the command-flag. With a car pennant it should be smaller!
    Note the form for the two and position for the anchor (zeigt zur Flaggenmitte).

SA Marine Pennant. SA Marine Pennant.

Maybe the shown pennant is a variation. The Sturmbann-flag was already mentioned
    in order Ch.Nr. 1596/33 from October 16, 1933 (so two years before).

Great information there! Thank you so very much, Wim! I really appreciate it. So this is indeed smaller and I now see what you meant about the anchor.
    Here's a few more pictures.
    Thanks!

Luke

SA Marine Pennant.SA Marine Pennant.SA Marine Pennant.