Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature

Article about: Here's an interesting fringed SA-Reserve Sturmfahne with the addition of silver litzen piping around the circle. The use of this feature could simply be a decorative accent but perhaps it ha

pjm
    ?

Default SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature

Here's an interesting fringed SA-Reserve Sturmfahne with the addition of silver litzen piping around the circle.

The use of this feature could simply be a decorative accent but perhaps it has another meaning.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature   SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature  

SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature   SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature
    P
    Many

Default Re: SA Reserve Sturmfahne with extra feature

I don't have a clue, but a great flag!!

Best,
    Laurens

?

some extra material in the factory used here as reinforcement - or a pricier "optional extra" maybe - tho I've never seen it either.... bob coleman might chime in

Paul-
    I owned a NSBO flag that was from a textile company that made flags. The flag also had the same silver litze detail work. Possibly, this was an optional extra offered by the company. I may have some old pictures of it. If so, I will post them here.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

pjm
    ?

Could well be just a luxury for the SA Sturm that has everything or maybe that Standarte decided Reserve Sturme should be recognized by a silver litzen around the swastika in a moment of Teutonic detail overkill.

Or it was a feel good addition after the Roehm Putsch.

But, all this is too much reading into the reality that, as you indicated Bob, the manufacturer probably offered the extra Litzen for another 2 Marks and 37 Pfennigs.

pjm
    ?

Actually, I have an SA Sturmfahne with a series of dates under the unit patch and I figure it's a list of years the Sturm was at the Reichsparteitage. So maybe this was another way of recognizing that.

Either way the flag is awesome. Need to get me one of these. As soon as this economic dark age is over I'll put one on my list.

Cool