Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seeking opinions on a bugle banner

Article about: Thank you for admitting me to your site. I have a question about an item that my father brought home with him upon his return from Germany shortly after the war ended. Let me first say, I ca

Default Seeking opinions on a bugle banner

Thank you for admitting me to your site. I have a question about an item that my father brought home with him upon his return from Germany shortly after the war ended. Let me first say, I can't swear to it's authenticity, I can only relay what my father told us, and that is that he took the banner from a building that they procured (he was in military government). As towns/villages (not sure what they were referred to as) surrendered, they would occupy and set up a temporary government.
    I reached out to a couple of militaria afficianados several months ago to, identify the item (Totenkopf bugle banner with SS sigrunes), and to ask what they thought the value might be. One gentleman requested a close up of the banner, which I sent, but he never responded, which leads me to believe that he felt it is not authentic. But, I would like more input as to whether others agree. May I post a few pictures of the banner for others to offer their opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Seeking opinions on a bugle banner
    P
    Many

Pics are the way to go. Obviously many will say buy the item, not the story, but if its good people here will tell you straight. Valuation might be harder to tell you, many factors affect the price, but someone should be able to give you a ball park figure or point you toward other example that have sold in recent years.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Kathryn, and welcome to the forum!

Please post some pics.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you , both! Looking for instructions on how to attach images, will post as soon as I can figure it out.

Sorry, not understanding instructions, will have to have my husband give it a shot when he comes home. Thanks for your patience...I'm very computer illiterate.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Welcome ;-)

Looking forward to the images.

Giving it a try myself....

- - ------- - -

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking opinions on a bugle banner   Seeking opinions on a bugle banner  

I can't claim specific expertise, but I'm comparing with Bob's Original Example and the lack of Quality in Materials & Workmanship become apparent, leading me to question the authenticity of this banner...Notice as well that they used Cheap Enlisted Man's Tresse on the Rectangular around the Runes, another Red Flag considering the High Quality of the Originals...I will gladly stand corrected, but this wouldn't be the first fake SS Trumpet Banner we've seen here on the Forum in the past...In fact, the OP's Banner has more in common with the fakes posted than with any original I can recall on the Forum...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Seeking opinions on a bugle banner  

Here is a humble NSKK Banner, and even here we see a much higher quality...
    The Close-Up is from a different original banner...

cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Seeking opinions on a bugle banner  Seeking opinions on a bugle banner 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast