MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Dutch flag

Article about: Not sure what to think of this flag. Not alot of information available.

Default Re: SS Dutch flag

Not sure what to think of this flag. Not alot of information available.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Dutch flag
    P
    Many

?

I hope for your sake it turns out to be real! I have many close friends and family who are Croatian and the idea of having an item like that in my collection would be very interesting. I will never forget the story of someone I know from Croatia who owned an SS coat post-war removed the insignia and wore it around. When I showed him some examples and valuations he was of course shocked. He respects our hobby now and it's role in historical preservation.

It would be an awesome flag to add to my collection. That is a great story. Sure the SS stuff is probably the most faked. That's why I'm a bit cautious.

Without any reliable period provenance, I would walk away from this. If there is another one available on an on line site, really run.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Personally, I don't care for this flag or it's design. I've never seen such a configuration and to have 2 designs-one on each side seems absurd to Me, anyway. Another factor going against it is the odd Size. 3 foot 8 inches long? What would such a size flag have been Used for? Doubtful it would have been a military field carried flag at such a fairly small size-and Especially not with the dual design set up-you would have wanted either one or the other to be showing, but what on Earth would you put Both on it for? If it wasn't Military, then what? A Civil flag, of some sort-again, with a strange dual design? Where is this flag being sold from? Hopefully not Eastern Europe,as the cottage industry of pre-aged fakes coming from there is getting almost to full flood stage now.

I, personally, have never seen,owned or heard of a flag of this supposed kind and I'm not feeling a ton of confidence on This one either....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This flag is for sale here in the states. Supposedly from a vet's estate sale. I bought a 1st Luftwaffe dagger from the same person and it was the real deal, but it had been cleaned. The same guy was selling "real" SS helmets for under $2000.00. Im am thinking fake the more I look into it.

Doesn't sound too legit.....anyone that Knows they can get double 2 grand for an SS helmet and says" I Could get twice as much, but I'll purposely sell them for only 2 grand!" is full of it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The guy insists it will pass a blacklight test. How accurate is that? I am still skeptical. Sounds like a super rare flag if its the real deal. Im thinking it would be worth quite a bit.

?

99% certain it is only a bait to lure you out of your money.

Certain sellers uses Greed as a way to get people to buy items quickly. But remember- If you feel ok of the way this flag is, then go on and buy it.

But dont come back and say i didnt warned you.

Well friend, I'm quite sure it's a fake designed to deceive, and I posted a similar flag that is for sale on Ioffer as well...
    Some very knowledgeable collectors with generations of experience have given it negative reviews here as well, so I would
    stay clear of basically risking your money on an item that no one can actually identify. Then try reselling it, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast