Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions

Article about: hey guys, I have the opportunity to purchase this NSDAP flag that is signed by soldiers of the US army. Theres definitely alot of cool research to be done with this one. My dilemma is the fo

?

I would like to add that its from a very credible source and its authenticated (comes with a COA), the seller has even included a brief history of the unit these soldiers belonged to, however since im considering purchasing i dont want to give to much info or the source away and lose the transaction.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions
    P
    Many

?

beside one name theres a date of 1945

?

COA's are not worth the paper they are printed on. Post some tight macro photos of flag construction and signatures.
    Regards,
    John

?

Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions

Phil-
    Don't let enthusiasm for a piece over ride good sense. I am sure you can find another example for far less money.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    In days of old, these signed flags were not popular as they were considered damaged goods. Now that 71 years have passed since Germany surrendered, these signed flags are historically important. Years ago, they helped track down vets who had written their home addresses on the flags. Today, those addresses would be a dead end.
    A very good point Bob, But I must also add the "Apple doesn't always fall from the tree" With research and diligence, some may actually find relatives in the vicinity or same town depending on the State... Iowa... Nebraska etc; Small town heroes that returned to their native rural locations to take over the farm or so forth and raise families... Not improbable... A long shot... Yes. But not impossible to track down some information in certain instances... JMO of course... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

well if anyone can find me one with a cheaper price tag im all ears, would love to own a piece like this.

MAP
    ?

Don'ty compare to my price. It was 3 years ago and mine admittedly was a steal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Third Reich German flags and banners - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

If you don't find anything you like there, ask the member "all1knew" (William) if he can help you with your problem.
    Good luck. I'm no expert on flags but I know that the price for the flag in your first post is very high.

Here for example, a nice flag for a much better price:
    mint Wehrmacht vehicle ID banner w/ metal grommets - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    well if anyone can find me one with a cheaper price tag im all ears, would love to own a piece like this.
    Patience and one will find it's way to you.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast