Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions

Article about: hey guys, I have the opportunity to purchase this NSDAP flag that is signed by soldiers of the US army. Theres definitely alot of cool research to be done with this one. My dilemma is the fo

I have a similiar signed flag and thanks to a fellow member was able to track down one of the vets to get his unit info, plain flags are a dime a dozen but the G.I signed stuff is really neat and becoming less and harder to find, my top dollar on this flag would be 250. Maybe you can do a lawaway on it if you really want one that bad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions
    P
    Many

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    i have a similiar signed flag and thanks to a fellow member was able to track down one of the vets to get his unit info, plain flags are a dime a dozen but the g.i signed stuff is really neat and becoming less and harder to find, my top dollar on this flag would be 250. Maybe you can do a lawaway on it if you really want one that bad.
    good show maximus.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    Detail below was posted with the Flag on the website naming some members of the 714th tank battalion / 12th armored division. Your call as the others stated on how bad you want it, what comfort level you have with it or if you feel price is fair. Certainly would allow for research with the vet's families. Based on the selling details it sounds like the Grandson was the source it was purchased from by the now selling entity. Good luck.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions   Thinking of purchasing flag, looking for opinions  

Last edited by Rossi; 07-03-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

So... It is not impossible to find info on a signed flag after all. Albeit living or deceased...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Detail below was posted with the Flag on the website naming some members of the 714th tank battalion / 12th armored division. Your call as the others stated on how bad you want it, what comfort level you have with it or if you feel price is fair. Certainly would allow for research with the vet's families. Based on the selling details it sounds like the Grandson was the source it was purchased from by the now selling entity. Good luck.
    looks like we share a common source for militaria rossi good guy to deal with but i find lately hes been asking a littlw too much on some pieces. might just also be the shock once you convert prices from USD to CAD.

?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    looks like we share a common source for militaria rossi good guy to deal with but i find lately hes been asking a littlw too much on some pieces. might just also be the shock once you convert prices from USD to CAD.
    No worries bud. Have only good intentions even with the dollar where it is. I like Paul and his team but as stated I can't bring myself to pay up unless I absolutely need something to fit a grouping. They have been helpful to me over the years as an authenticator when I was really on my dagger and sword pursuit among others. Have not ever bought from them. I understand it is a business. I am usually patient and wait it out until the time is right with other collectors and sources in the US I have known for years.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Over the years ive purchased a handful of pieces from them and if i remeber right i met him at a military show a couple years ago, hes got a great selection but its too bad our dollar is low against the USD right now, its definatly had an impact of some things like ammunition/parts price and availability for my guns and even on pieces like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3