Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Veterans' Organization Flag?

Article about: Does anyone recognize this flag or have an idea what unit it belongs to? I presume it is an early NS-affiliated veterans' organization based on the early pattern Kriegsfahne design in the co

pjm
    ?

The flag does have the X design of the DZR and Deutsche Lufthansa flags so it may have something to do with commercial aviation or something related but the War Flag in the corner points to a military connection. That's what made me think it could be related to veterans or something paramilitary.

Veterans' Organization Flag?Veterans' Organization Flag?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veterans' Organization Flag?
    P
    Many

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Note the similarity to the Zeppelin-Reederei Flag....I'm fairly certain that the OP's Flag is for Binnenschiff-Reederei/ Commercial River Barges...
    Glenn
    In spite of a quick research I have done, it is not found yet what this flag is. Vets purchase or not.
    There still is a possibility it is fantasy or an old fourth Reich. The flag is printed and in some thread
    suggested it would have been made more of them. Why then never popped up such a flag, not in
    - let's say - seventy years. As far as I know it is not shown before!

It has not to do - as far as I know - with any known veteran's organizations or veteran's organization
    linked to the navy, in spite of the Gösch, the corner patch. It has nothing to do at all with the
    navy anyway (stated by a German naval expert). It does not have to do with (commercial) aviation,
    otherwise I would have found an indication when I wrote my book about Deutsche Lufthansa,
    1926-1945
    : Geschichte, Bekleidung, Abzeichen.

It has neither to do with merchant navy or inland waterways shipping companies. I did check the many
    possibilities for Dienstflaggen der Küstenländer für Binnenschiffahrt, but also the known
    Reederei-Flaggen and known Handelsflaggen.
    At ships there were many indications for flying flags, for example Flagge des Bestimmungslandes,
    Unterscheidungssignal-flags, Signal-flags, Gastland-flags or Heimathafen-flags. It does neither fall
    in the sphere of a Seedienstflagge.

Maybe we will find out one day (show then a document or old article where it is said and mentioned what
    this flag is), but for the time being, my personal opinion is to be suspicious! Aging an item is easy! BUT,
    I will continue looking as I am curious about the flag!!
    (from post 1). One never knows! We all can
    make mistakes or have a wrong judgement!

The most known Reederei-Flaggen are shown here:

Veterans' Organization Flag?

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    There still is a possibility it is fantasy or an old fourth Reich. The flag is printed and in some thread suggested
    it would have been made more of them. Why then never popped up such a flag, not in - let's say -
    seventy years.
    Under the same logic would not it also apply to 'fantasy or an old fourth Reich' piece. Now if the thought is that it is new, but has been 'aged' to make it seem old then your logic holds up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2