Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wall Banner?

Article about: I recently was gifted this from my wife's great uncle. It was brought back as a souvenir from the war but am having trouble identifying it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Wall Banner?

Bradanimal: Based on what I have seen in Berlin since the war I'll go out on a limb and say that it's a city flag of the type they hung in the entries of official city buildings and from light posts during purely city events, especially in the city districts. My problem with it is that it is in such new-like condition and there is no manufacturer's tag on it. I can think of a couple of off-the-wall ideas for why that might be the case for a 67 year-old cloth item, but I don't feel good about either one. In any event, it's a nice looking flag. Dwight Dwight

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wall Banner?
    P
    Many

Looks fine to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade; I'll go along with your assessment, which is certainly more reliable than mine, I just have a problem with something that old looking so new, and the absence of a manufacturer's tag--unless I'm overlooking something. But my take is only an opinion and really has no foundation on anything other than a gut feeling. And we all know what an opinion is worth what you pay for it. Dwight

For what it's worth here is an example of the current special events hanging flag for Nürnberg. Dwight
    Wall Banner?

Dwight, I know what you mean about something made of cloth so long ago looking so new. I think the same way. However, a good friend of mine has a podium banner that his dad brought back from Germany in 1945, and it looks as though it could have been made last week. Unfortunately for me, it is not for sale.

Thanks Dwight. I talked to her great uncle and he said it had been in his mom's attic pretty much once it came back to the US and then into his own attic. It hadn't seen the light of day for probably 60 years.

I'd say that Dwight has nailed it- almost certainly looks like a banner from Nürnberg. A nice piece!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2