Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner

Article about: Ok so, i was recently at a military show and picked up this GIANT nazi party flag. it is 15ft by 15ft, and is double sided. i have never seen one this big befor in my 2 years of collecting!

Default WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner

Ok so, i was recently at a military show and picked up this GIANT nazi party flag. it is 15ft by 15ft, and is double sided. i have never seen one this big befor in my 2 years of collecting! i bought it for $200 bucks. it has origional stamps too. But if anybody can help me i would like some additional information on the flag and what a giant one like this would be used for or hung from. any aditional info on it would be much appreciated. And if i got a good deal on it. this is my first german flag i have ever bought too
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner   WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner  

WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner   WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner  

WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner   WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner  

WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner  
    Last edited by JamieTheWarCollector; 04-01-2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: needed to add aditional photo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW2 German 15ft by 15ft NSDAP flag banner

Hello Jamie
    I know nothing about flags, But I"ll bet that little display on your front lawn turned a few heads!

Regards
    Brett

No idea on the stamps but it is an impressive item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Due to the sheer size of the piece, it clearly wasn't a regular 'hang out the window' flag. It may have been used at something like a central train station, or possibly even a government/municipal building. One also wouldn't rule out a military site either, such as a barracks, but I'd have expected more informative markings had that been the case. Personally, I believe that you have acquired a really nice item, both unusual and impressive (size matters!). Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. What did your neighbours have to say about your new display?

LOL, brave man with that final pic! And the first time I have seen somebody use their HOUSE in shot for scale

My god, I wonder if I can find that on Google Maps..
    Well I wouldn't do that incase my/you're neighbours saw that!

Quote by Brett View Post
    Hello Jamie
    I know nothing about flags, But I"ll bet that little display on your front lawn turned a few heads!

Regards
    Brett
    Especially the Goldstein's who live next door......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    Due to the sheer size of the piece, it clearly wasn't a regular 'hang out the window' flag. It may have been used at something like a central train station, or possibly even a government/municipal building. One also wouldn't rule out a military site either, such as a barracks, but I'd have expected more informative markings had that been the case. Personally, I believe that you have acquired a really nice item, both unusual and impressive (size matters!). Thank you for sharing it with us all.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. What did your neighbours have to say about your new display?
    hey thanks for the help! and yeh it turnned a few heads for shure, i dident fully get to see it at the show because its size and i couldent unfold it in my backyard because my dog craps everywhere back there so i had to use the front lawn! it was quite funny cuz right when i took it out all of a sudden just everyone deciid to come out but i had 1 guy come up to me quite intrested in it

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    LOL, brave man with that final pic! And the first time I have seen somebody use their HOUSE in shot for scale
    lol yeh man i couldent scale it up to somthing to auctualy show its size because it was bigger than everything else so i just decidid my house was a good start aha

what do u guys thing the two "3"s mean that i found on the flag?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast