Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)

Article about: Hello Gents I am being offered this flag and I know very little about them. He lives in my home town and says he wants to sell it. This is the only photo I have of it...sorry. Does it look o

Default WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)

Hello Gents I am being offered this flag and I know very little about them. He lives in my home town and says he wants to sell it. This is the only photo I have of it...sorry. Does it look okay? If it is a good one what is the aprox. value on a flag like this??

Thank you
    Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)

Here are some more photos...opinions please? Thank you

Devin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)   WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)  

WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)   WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)  

WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)   WWII German Unit Flag (opinions please)  

Not my field, but since no one has answered after 80 views,
    I would say it's a good banner. Too bad about the two
    missing rings. Signals Companie.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Not my field, but since no one has answered after 80 views,
    I would say it's a good banner. Too bad about the two
    missing rings. Signals Companie.........
    Thanks Steve I like it too..it is only missing one ring it is just positioned funny in the photo but yes I wish is was still there also!

Devin

Odd. I posted a reply this morning and it evidently disappeared. Well, whatr you have is a SA sturmfahne or company level flag. The wine red color of the corner patch along with the white embroidery indicates the unit was from SA Gruppe Westfallen. The white lightening bolt indicates this is the nachrichten sturm(signal company)of Standarte 15. A SA Standarte is made up of numerous Sturm located in it's area of authority. The secondary patch indicates a unit absorbed into this unit. This happened a lot due to manpower shortages from the war. Standarte 15 was headquartered in Bottrop, Moltkestrasse 18. A nice period flag.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Odd. I posted a reply this morning and it evidently disappeared. Well, whatr you have is a SA sturmfahne or company level flag. The wine red color of the corner patch along with the white embroidery indicates the unit was from SA Gruppe Westfallen. The white lightening bolt indicates this is the nachrichten sturm(signal company)of Standarte 15. A SA Standarte is made up of numerous Sturm located in it's area of authority. The secondary patch indicates a unit absorbed into this unit. This happened a lot due to manpower shortages from the war. Standarte 15 was headquartered in Bottrop, Moltkestrasse 18. A nice period flag.
    Bob, thank you very much! I knew someone would know what this flag is! I wonder how many other posts got deleted?

Devin

The materials, the construction and the styles all look fine. A good period authentic SA flag, in my opinion. I would not worry overly about the missing ring. The flag itself is in excellent condition.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I posted about the time you posted the second set of pictures. Possibly some problem with both posts coming in at the same time.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by devincu View Post
    Thanks Steve I like it too..it is only missing one ring it is just positioned funny in the photo but yes I wish is was still there also!

Devin
    I have an original RZM ring - but it is alloy, not plated ( or polished ) as these are. I'll dig it out and take a photo.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Valuewise....Easily in excess of $1000.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."