Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M40 ND with interesting history

Article about: More... by: gibsonbluemoon Description: \\$490 shipped in USWill ship to Europe. Buyer pays overseas shipping.Buyer pays 4% Paypal fee.This is a M42 ND. I believe it is an EF62. Stamp is hard

Default M40 ND with interesting history

More...

by: gibsonbluemoon

Description: $490 shipped in USWill ship to Europe. Buyer pays overseas shipping.Buyer pays 4% Paypal fee.This is a M42 ND. I believe it is an EF62. Stamp is hard to read. Lot is 2231. Pins are tight. Liner is in great shape. Faint dome stamp present.Now for the history. The helmet was picked up by a Samuel Clifford Harris in 1945 in a trench near Torgau. He served with the 273rd Infantry Regiment with the 69th Division. He was among the first Americans to meet up with the Russians on German soil. He served with the 69th for 37 months. He survived the battle of the bulge. He also was an explosives expert and helped clear the famed Siegfried Line. He was awarded the Bronze Star. He also served in the reserves in the Korean War.Helmet comes with notes from original collector and an obituary. No size on liner. It is named, but I am not sure of origins

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ND with interesting history
    P
    Many