Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SUPERB German Named M40 SD NS64 Heer Army Helmet

Article about: More... by: Styx Description: This is the most reluctant sale I've ever had to make, by far! I'm genuinely making a loss with the price - I just need to make cash fast. Here's the original d

Default SUPERB German Named M40 SD NS64 Heer Army Helmet

More...

by: Styx

Description: This is the most reluctant sale I've ever had to make, by far! I'm genuinely making a loss with the price - I just need to make cash fast. Here's the original description from the website: This example retains a majority (90% plus) of its originally applied dark green combat finish and original chinstrap. Most of the rough texture is intact as well. The Army decal, on the left side, has toned slightly and remains a solid 85% intact. Moving inside, the brown leather size 56 liner shows lots of wear and discoloration from use but all tongues fully in tact and still pliable. There is a drawstring and a non-reinforced zinc liner band. The side of the interior is stamped “NS 64”, indicating production by Vereinigte Deutsche Nickelwerke of Schwerte in the size of 64. The rear of the skirt is stamped with the steel lot number of DN 76. Chinstrap has a steel buckle and appears to be fully original to the shell and untouched post-war. The long end was shortened during war period to 10 holes instead of the usually uncut 13 but was cut with the ends coming to a point and so is barely even noticeable. Many soldiers shortened their chinstraps so that the ends didn’t rub against their cheeks when they were aiming a shot at the enemy. Since this helmet is a size medium the solider would have been of average wartime height and size and so most likely didn’t need the extra length to begin with.

Good luck, and please, please take care of this helmet :'(

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SUPERB German Named M40 SD NS64 Heer Army Helmet
    P
    Many