MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger (Nickel)

Article about: More... by: mattty01 Description: WW2 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger by Paul weyersberg the maker of which Wittman wrote in his luftwaffe book 'used the best overall quality with superb workma

Default WW2 German 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger (Nickel)

More...

by: mattty01

Description: WW2 1st pattern Luftwaffe dagger by Paul weyersberg the maker of which Wittman wrote in his luftwaffe book 'used the best overall quality with superb workmanship' on the early daggers (page 47)
    Completely untouched!! Every part consists of the early quality Nickel (yes even the chains/clip) completely uncleaned so theres allot of patina which is completely black in the more protected areas.
    100% mint finish to blade. There is a period small cut on the blade edge near the crossguard (pictured on the left hand side of the blade) where the owner must have caught it whilst sliding the blade in. The blade has stick bird acceptance stamp which is something collectors like to see.
    Pommel and crossguard all very nice showing all of its silvering between the swaz legs to the crossguard and most to the pommel. This is rare on its own these days. Again lots of patina in the protected corners.
    Triple wired grip is nice and undamaged
    Scabbard fittings nice showing the odd light tap with plenty of patina throughout.
    Scabbard leather is the best ive even seen on an early version. Its gone hard and has slightly shrunk leaving about a a mm of the scabbard exposed some of the way along the edge. Although this may sound nasty it is actually one of the best ways of deciphering whether or not a scabbard has been releathered. Leather does shrink and go hard with age so this is something I always expect to see it on original early leather scabbards.
    I can post anywhere and take paypal.
    Any questions please ask. I live in North suffolk UK. If you prefer to meet its fine.
    Again Knot is on there for display purposes. It really wants the 23cm bullion knot but hopefully you can get the jest with this.
    If anybody would like me to post this on the forum I can. It would give us something to talk about.
    Regards matty

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German 1st pattern luftwaffe dagger (Nickel)
    P
    Many