Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Very rare 1933 Pattern Reichskriegsflagge/ Marine Jack

Article about: Click for details... by: Rommel1942 Description: For sale is this very rare, 1933-pattern RKF Marine Jack flag. It is very large and in excellent condition with only minor mothing and a smal

Default Very rare 1933 Pattern Reichskriegsflagge/ Marine Jack

Click for details...

by: Rommel1942

Description: For sale is this very rare, 1933-pattern RKF Marine Jack flag. It is very large and in excellent condition with only minor mothing and a small, faded stain immediately next to the central cross (refer to pictures). This was brought back from Germany by a veteran and came directly from his estate. Stamped at the top are the markings, Reichskriegsflg. 1.5 x 2.5, followed by a very faded hand-written inscription, Alter Art. To the left of the RKF mark is the red 'Eagle-M' maker-mark with the spread wings, indicating (in conjucntion with the Alter Art) that this flag was likely used for historical display/ceremonial purposes and made in the early-war period. I have never seen another flag like this one for sale, especially with these particular markings. It has been reviewed and verified on WAF, and I am happy to provide any further pcitures or information upon request.
    The veteran was said to have retrieved this flag from the Buchenwald Concentration camp -- although this story is not verifiable, one of the few period-images of the flag being used is at the Bergen-Belsen Concentration camp upon its liberation. Thus, in my mind, it is indeed quite plausible that this flag originated from that camp.
    As much as I would love to keep such a unique piece, it simply doesn't fit my collecting interests.
    Asking $950 usd ex. shipping and fees. The buyer is responsible for Paypal fees if the "gift" option is not used, as well as any import fees.
    Enjoy!

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very rare 1933 Pattern Reichskriegsflagge/ Marine Jack
    P
    Many