MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

2 U boat photo albums taken by a Topedo Mechanic.

Article about: More... by: Holland Description: Two photo albums taken by a U boat Torpedo Mechanic. The pics seem to cover his training at torpedo school, harvesting wheat with some friends on leave, obli

Default 2 U boat photo albums taken by a Topedo Mechanic.

More...

by: Holland

Description: Two photo albums taken by a U boat Torpedo Mechanic.

The pics seem to cover his training at torpedo school, harvesting wheat with some friends on leave, obligatory girlfriend/family pics and a few others...

Namely Gunther Prien`s U 47 returning from a patrol, a nice sequence of pics of U-A "Batiray" returning from a patrol sporting interesting conning tower insignia and damage, an air raid over Kiel showing AAA fire and searchlights,

and a private shot of Adolf Hitler as he inspects the Flotilla. These are the tip of the Iceberg, and really deserve to be published..especially a couple of shots taken over a U boats bow in a storm!

I have only seen one published pic of U-A, she was made for the Turkish Navy, but taken over by the DKM at the opening of hostilities. From a research point of view, these really are something special.

These photos are all unpublished, and historically significant, I wish to part with them to someone who will appreciate their worth. I am selling these to fund the purchase of an original RAF Irvin jacket, so if anyone wants to trade, email me and ill get back to you within 24 hours. If you are near to the Reading(Berkshire) area, I can arrange a viewing if you buy the coffee! I can scan sections if you wish to see some of the pics, but scans dont seem to do them justice. Please email me at:

ussnemo@btinternet.com

Like I say, am open to negotiation on the price, and to trade for an Irvin jacket, but in a smaller size ( I am 5 feet 9 inches tall). A rougher or worn Irvin is fine, im intending to wear it!

Many Thanks,

Gavin

War Relics Militaria sales

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 U boat photo albums taken by a Topedo Mechanic.
    P
    Many