Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A 3,7 inch A/A GUN in a Military Surplus Yard

Article about: JOHN Iv got time to look at them if you hava the time to post them. Mate I never get tierd of your posts, I've subsribed to everything you put up so keep it coming And thank you for doing al

?

Default Re: A 3,7 inch A/A GUN in a Military Surplus Yard

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    As a former gunner it breaks my heart to see that Bofor's 40mm AA gun rusting away. My uncle used those in the last war, and I was a 1st class layer on the later version of it - the Bofor's LA40/70.
    Hello "Harry",
    It is nice to meet in the forum someone with the same age with me !
    Anyway, when i was serving in the Army (early 70's), the Bofors stuff was already in storage , or in very limited use. But i am glad because your experienced eye recognized easy the caliber of these empty cases.
    So my friend, i thing you deserve a few pics of some Bofors available for sale .
    Enjoy,
    John
    A  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus YardA  3,7 inch  A/A GUN  in a Military Surplus Yard

I know the dealer and i don't like him... He is selling his stuff way over their actual value 'cause he has no clue about whther they are rare or not... He was offering me a deact Thomsom in very poor condition for 300€...

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    I know the dealer and i don't like him... He is selling his stuff way over their actual value 'cause he has no clue about whther they are rare or not... He was offering me a deact Thomsom in very poor condition for 300€...
    a link?

He is not an online dealer. He has a surplus yard in Athens and has tones of military items. 98% of it is post war... The only ww2 era items i've found are 40mm Bofors magazine clips, Bren magazines in their ammo boxes and some MG34/42 ammo belts... He also has plenty on wooden parts from M1 Carbine and Thomson plus some deact .30cal but all his weapons are deactivated in the worst way!

?

He is not an online dealer. He has a surplus yard in Athens and has tones of military items. 98% of it is post war... The only ww2 era items i've found are 40mm Bofors magazine clips, Bren magazines in their ammo boxes and some MG34/42 ammo belts... He also has plenty on wooden parts from M1 Carbine and Thomson plus some deact .30cal but all his weapons are deactivated in the worst way!
    I agree with the comments, but for your info around Athens area there are 3-4 more surplus yards, selling relevant mil stuff. None of these are linked to Net. So needs personall visit on site and good search.....

?

One word to describe these sites...........HEARTBREAKING!!

Regards etc
    Ian D

aka; jimpy

Quote by jterny View Post
    I agree with the comments, but for your info around Athens area there are 3-4 more surplus yards, selling relevant mil stuff. None of these are linked to Net. So needs personall visit on site and good search.....
    Do you mind pm me with the locations of these yards? I would like to visit them this Saturday! You never know what you may find under these piles of garbage!

?

Do you mind pm me with the locations of these yards? I would like to visit them this Saturday! You never know what you may find under these piles of garbage!
    Sure, but streets and addresses are not available. All these are located in Aspropyrgos area. So all you have is to ask the locals o guide you and to be lucky, in order to find something.
    And one more thing : Do not name "garbage" the old and aged mil stuff ! It might be looked so for the ones who never served in the Armed Forces, but for the rest people (like me ) who served for years, even in this poor condition, most of the material is linked a lot with our previous Service !
    John

Quote by jterny View Post
    Sure, but streets and addresses are not available. All these are located in Aspropyrgos area. So all you have is to ask the locals o guide you and to be lucky, in order to find something.
    And one more thing : Do not name "garbage" the old and aged mil stuff ! It might be looked so for the ones who never served in the Armed Forces, but for the rest people (like me ) who served for years, even in this poor condition, most of the material is linked a lot with our previous Service !
    John
    No mate!!! My word "garbage" was for the comon items i find in such sites like old springs, spoons, screwdrivers, rivets and in general metal items! I just love anything that has a connection with the army despite if it is old or new! Sorry if my words came out in the wrong way but i didn't mean to sound like that!

Great thread and very interesting yard..could spend hours if not days sifting through it all!! Reminds me John Pounds in Portsmouth. I was in Nicosia Cyprus in 1992 for a 6 month UN tour and I used to drive past a yard like this tucked away in the back streets. It was full of WW2 British military vehicles. I never got the chance to stop and have a look around. Always wondered if its still there. I remember there was a pile of old Merc Unimogs in an old quarry by the side of the road to Paralimni.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast