Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

3 aircraft components with too many stamps.

Article about: Posting a new thread for these as my other big thread seems pretty cluttered, these parts were found same beach as the parts in the other thread but very close to the gun emplacement bunkers

Exclamation 3 aircraft components with too many stamps.

Posting a new thread for these as my other big thread seems pretty cluttered, these parts were found same beach as the parts in the other thread but very close to the gun emplacement bunkers, im personally impressed by how many stamps are on one of the pieces and I have yet to reveal the red lettering on the control knob? edit: the first piece red lettering says "ON" and "OFF" and the WD40 has revealed a stamp on the actual knob itself so thats another serial but all I can make out at the moment is "AI232" possibly very wrong.

how can I remove that crust hiding the lettering? and anyone recognise any of the stamps in the three pieces?

first piece:

First piece serials: A1262 tiny circle to the left of that one with 30 in it and an upsidedown V to the right of the first serial: "SHT 1" other side of it has a bordered stamp with "W14|4t9" opposite side theres a faint "AX32" or that 3 could be a 2. and on the top another bigger circular stamp with "AMLS 1" in it

Second piece serials: "35862/17" the 6 may be just a scratch or an 8, the hole is obscuring it and circular stamp with "LMB 1" in it but not 100% certain yet, need to find my magnifying glass.

Third piece serials: Cant find any just yet but the socket appears to be made out of bakelite and each hole has an alphabet letter "G F + D" at the top, below "N M J" under that one S, under that "Z Y X W V U" with "D10" to the right of it and the bottom 2 holes have "1" and "2", some letters are hidden so ill assume it has all the alphabet, strange piece, and just as im typing this I have found a stamp on it "Z2405" is what I can make out
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 aircraft components with too many stamps.   3 aircraft components with too many stamps.  

3 aircraft components with too many stamps.   3 aircraft components with too many stamps.  

3 aircraft components with too many stamps.   3 aircraft components with too many stamps.  

Last edited by brataccas; 05-20-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Second piece:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 aircraft components with too many stamps.   3 aircraft components with too many stamps.  

Third piece:

karltrowitz
    ?

Item 3 looks like the remains of a plug on an electrical cable loom. the letters next to the holes identify each wire and what it is for.

"35862/17" on the second item sounds like an old section and ref number used by supply to identify each part

found this circular thing washed up at that beach, it has 2 serials ive found so far, a tiny 5 letter one but I cant type it as I cant seem to find where it is now, very small and a square with an 8 in it, looks like a cockpit dial but most have 4 screws and fully rounded, anyone recognise this?