Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Article about: pilots shoe eh O_O and ive just left them there, will collect them tomorrow Its a weird place cos I find remains of 30's cars which actually reminds me last week I dug up a very american loo

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

found only these two unknown things today
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

?

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Hi Brataccas

The larger of the two items in post #41 looks to me to be the inner workings of a small clock or pocket watch. (Notice the cogs and badly rusted coil springs inside the casing/frame)

Sorry, got no idea about the other item.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Andy, interesting indeed. Keep us posted.

Cheers, Ade.
    There we go I finaly got round to taking some shots for you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

247 'Always' fuse. Minus tape and cap. used on no 69,70, 73, 77 and 82 grenades, plus a couple of others.
    Cheers
    Hangarman

hi all went back to an RAF dump where I had already dug and didnt get much but I got a really quirky item which someone I showed guesses its from a ship railing component the bit that holds it on but really no idea. it has traces of black paint and the "spout" has a hole aswell as the other bigger hole on the round bit, the whole thing is only 2 inches long I think. anyone recognise this? need to take some better photos....

could be part of a bedstead. John

Default My mistake

Quote by brataccas View Post
    dugup this yesterday at the ww2 dump. Anyone got a clue what it is? black control knob says "NEG" on it:
    I think that's part of a battery, pos and neg plates?
    Cheers,
    navyman

Just noticed that I've already answered this before, I think old age has finally finished off the last of the little grey cells.
    Last edited by navyman; 09-07-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Memory loss !

Digging again at that dump for the first time in months, only dug for an hour due to bad light, found this heavy piece feels like its made out of stone kinda, Old Iron for clothes shape but I thought old irons didnt have holes through them(?)

I found this piece next to 1943 dated smashed plates.

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

?

Some irons were hollow and they had specially shaped bricks or iron blocks heated in the fire and then placed inside - meant the brick just needed changing to keep on ironing I think, so you would have several bricks heating up ready for use.

Angry

went back today and found really weird stuff, shame the NAAFI thing is only half and ill assume the fork is a NAAFI one too, need to clean it up. The long rusty thing is one meter long and I haven't a clue what it is, its very very heavy. and beside it a bronze? or brass thin metallic relic which ive not a clue on either, somehow reminds me of an engine mounting plate, is it military related? Not sure what the other tool thing is for either, put the fork next to the stuff for size comparisin. anyone recognise any of these quirky items?

edit: apparently the grill flat piece is a head gasket(?) from an aircraft or road vehicle?

Last edited by brataccas; 01-14-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast