Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Article about: pilots shoe eh O_O and ive just left them there, will collect them tomorrow Its a weird place cos I find remains of 30's cars which actually reminds me last week I dug up a very american loo

what a nice surprise, dug a foot deeper and got the rest of that NAAFI eggcup .-)

took some daytime pics of that heavy long metallic thing if anyone can ID better with better light.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

You've done what I think your supposed to do with that long metal thing. It looks like a piquet post for something, is it angle iron with a rod welded in to the angle?

The head gasket is for a 4 cylinder side valve engine of what looks to be 1100cc to 2000cc so defo not an aircraft, perhaps a Ford?

OK, Maybe not Ford but could be Hillman (Similar to below)

HILLMAN 16 SIDE VALVE HEAD GASKET 1936-1949 - PAYEN 1862 | eBay

Love the egg cup

Could the long iron thing be an axle?

Hello again,
    If only I lived in Scotland I could have much fun sitting my wheelchair watching you dig whilst I would try and ID the finds. I have the excuse that a one legged 64 year old can't operate a spade!
    Please keep those pictures coming, it's fascinating, thank you.
    Best regards,
    Guy.

?

Default WW2 Dumps

Looks like rich ground mate Happy Hunting & good luck...hope its a winner

had a short dig at that area again, wondering if anyone knows what this air bag thing is? has some writing on it "Not guarenteed..." and some number below that, blueish type colour, didnt really want to touch this thing incase it was a dirty blood bag or something disgustingly medical:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

?

Reminds me of what I call a "rebreather bag" from the front facepiece of a high altitude aircrew mask.

How about a bladder from a rugby ball ???
    Here is a similar design
    bladder rugby ball British (EPH 818)
    Cheers
    Gary

- - ------- - -

Here is a similar design
    http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30081030
    Cheers
    Gary

- - ------- - -

Here is a similar design
    http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/30081030
    Cheers
    Gary

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast