Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Article about: pilots shoe eh O_O and ive just left them there, will collect them tomorrow Its a weird place cos I find remains of 30's cars which actually reminds me last week I dug up a very american loo

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

Quote by ian_ View Post
    It's a battery, POSitive + terminal. Worth a bit in scrap lead...
    cool, Is there any harmful chemicals on this piece do you reckon? is it military? there 1000s of lead battery tube things all over this area, if they are good for scrap who would be interested in all of it? scrap dealers? ie the ones that usually have scrap cars etc.

Default Re: 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)

found some more weird stuff today, a steel piece, strange threaded wheel? a heavy clamp type thing? anyone have a clue? got a funny baby feeder bottle too, first time I have ever dug one of these up.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

The baby bottle/feeder is worth a few quid :-)

You've got quite a mixture of stuff turning up there, keep looking and something good will turn up ;-)

The little wooden bowl type thing looks like a smoking pipe bowl. The heavy clamp is from a building just to hold a drain pipe or the like.

thx for info heres some more stuff, I recognise one piece I think, ww2 mills grenade plug? If I look closely I can just make out a "MK36" I think and a "41" aswell. first time Ive dugup anything like this. I know the book isin't dugup but just a few pics to show. Its a 1921 dated WW1 book that is extremely rare apparently. One on sale is going for £800! my next door neighbour gave it to me aswell as other rares (1903 dated war bugle) also a valve thing dugup, anyone any info on it? looks like there was a data plate on it but its damaged. the 1939 dated glass bottle my dog dugup I think its for perfume but dunno, absaloutly gutted that its damaged but I kept it anyway
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)   3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

The valve is a safety type. Not for fuel gas as it's a right handed thread, so it's probably for air. It could be off anything though.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Definitely a set of battery plates, many interesting other finds also. I think you have a job for life there, keep digging and best of luck.
    Please keep sending pics.
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Could the double ended bottle be for feeding twins?
    Please don't take this suggestion seriously!
    Cheers,
    navyman.

Nice British Mills base nut in your last picture.Give it a clean and see if its dated as the one in the pic below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 new WW2? dumps found, help again with loads of finds.... (pics and video)  

?

Quote by brataccas View Post
    found some more weird stuff today, a steel piece, strange threaded wheel? a heavy clamp type thing? anyone have a clue? got a funny baby feeder bottle too, first time I have ever dug one of these up.

The double ended bottle is an 'anti-colic' bottle - mainly used for baby food - the nurse/mother would keep a finger over one end, with the teat on the other. The finger would control the vacuum in the bottle a bit like the 'dr brown' system that allows air to escape so the baby doesn't swallow it. Can also be used for bed bound severly injured persons who are unable to eat solids or hold their own spoon!

I have the wife to thank for the above info!

Regards etc
    Ian D (and Francesca)

AKA: Jimpy and the wife
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-13-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Addition

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast