Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A39 Tortoise

Article about: Nice one! Well done Guys This is going to be a bugger to remove! I suspect that is why it is still there? It is well worth saving. Although it might never have seen combat it is a very inter

Default Re: A39 Tortoise

sorry guys sounds like i'm asking for a few favours here,I tell what, if you help me out i promise to let you drive my tank ,but you may have to wait a while.

cheers eddy

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    sorry guys sounds like i'm asking for a few favours here,I tell what, if you help me out i promise to let you drive my tank ,but you may have to wait a while.

cheers eddy
    Its no big deal, its not as if I'm only going there just to look for the wreckages, anyway I'm interested in wreckages too, I just think of them as big relics

Thanks

Danny

hi jim
    Just spoken to a friend who said there was definately a tortoise on kirkcudbright,but the bad news is he thinks it went to the budge collection but he's not sure so you might be right mate ,there is a simple way to find out,why not speak to the range officer he should know as he's responsible for everything on the range and it's only a phone call,give it a go mate see what happens.

cheers eddy

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    hi jim
    Just spoken to a friend who said there was definately a tortoise on kirkcudbright,but the bad news is he thinks it went to the budge collection but he's not sure so you might be right mate ,there is a simple way to find out,why not speak to the range officer he should know as he's responsible for everything on the range and it's only a phone call,give it a go mate see what happens.

cheers eddy

Cheers Eddy, yes i'll give them a phne after the holidays are over..pretty sure they will be on Christmas leave....

Quote by Tartan-ninja View Post
    Cheers Eddy, yes i'll give them a phne after the holidays are over..pretty sure they will be on Christmas leave....

Well if it has gone at least it has went to a good home
    I think that the range guys are on holiday until the 5th of January or something?!?! well they are here

Thanks

Danny

hi fella's

found a photo of the offending tortoise,looks like you were right jim,this photo was taken on kirkcudbright in 1991, although it was destined to be recovered i've a feeling it never did.It's definately not the one from bovvy either as it has both tracks and bovvies was missing the right hand side.

good find jim how about a tiger 2 next please.

eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A39 Tortoise  

nice photo, now all we need to find out if its still there. I'd put my money on that someone else has already managed to salvage it because it seems unlikely that no-one has noticed it.

Thanks

Danny

Nope just found she is still there Danny, bit of a bugger to move by all accounts......Got onto Service Police at the camp, nice chape turns out to Ex RTR!

Great Picture Eddy I Owe you one.
    I know know its worth a wee trip down, (In uniform) I was planning to use the area anyway...(Honest)

not sure when though, but pics will be posted

I See your in the Other site for AFV's too....LOL
    one of the lads over there says there are Comets galore...no Cromwells though, bugger, he also says there are Churchills too...
    And a 17 pounder AT gun in a hedge..
    (from the other site not the MOD copper)

Well done lads, bit of team effort !!!!

A team effort is all it takes sometimes

Well I wish you the best with getting the Tortoise, it will be great if you are able to get it so I take it that makes 3 known surviving ones now?

Thanks

Danny

Yes that another one accounted for...

Have you tried.....

HMVF - Historic Military Vehicles Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Just for AFV's and Mil Veh's

I joined today...handy wee site....Between this rather smashing site and that one not much will get through....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast