Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

A39 Tortoise

Article about: Nice one! Well done Guys This is going to be a bugger to remove! I suspect that is why it is still there? It is well worth saving. Although it might never have seen combat it is a very inter

Default Re: A39 Tortoise

Nice one! Well done Guys

This is going to be a bugger to remove! I suspect that is why it is still there? It is well worth saving. Although it might never have seen combat it is a very interesting vehicle.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, yes it would be great to save this...good news is its no longer a Anti Tank range...so no more damage unless mother nature gets evil..LOL

I wonder the back ground of the Comets there?....Some Comets made it to Germany..so Mmmmm

now to the matter of logistics unless you can somehow pull strings and use some of the equipment available to you this could be costly......

Thanks

Danny

hi fella's

you'd have to be one motivated individual to get that baby off the range,69 tons of pain and heartache,you have to think is it worth it and my answer would be yes but i think it's beyond our capability so that leaves the serious players whether they would be interested i don't know but i reckon in running condition it would be the most impressive tank in the uk, by a long way !

pic below is the bad side.

all the best eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A39 Tortoise  

Its impressive the way it is at the moment, even if it meant shifting it off the range and doing a cosmetic restoration it would be well worth it. The question is who's got a big enough garden?

Thanks

Danny

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4