Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Afghan Haul over 1000 rifles.

Article about: Ahahahaha I'm in Afghanistan right now but didn't even even found an old splinter! Only Russian scrapyard with some Mig and Tanks... I went to the local market but they reproduced everything

Default Re: Afghan Haul over 1000 rifles.

Ahahahaha
    I'm in Afghanistan right now but didn't even even found an old splinter!
    Only Russian scrapyard with some Mig and Tanks... I went to the local market but they reproduced everything for military tourists: carpets,coins, medals, every kind of blades and even british compasses marked London 1917!!
    I know that some GI's found Austrian ww1 helmets and other stuff like that but now there is nothing left...and if you find weapons you cannot bring them home!!
    Damn...

Davide
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afghan Haul over 1000 rifles.   Afghan Haul over 1000 rifles.  

?

Have seen some Mk2 Martini Henry's from Afghanistan, .. and they were in reasonable if not working order.

Have seen some Mk2 Martini Henry's from Afghanistan, .. and they were in reasonable if not working order.
    these could be from the reproduction market, it's amazing what they can reproduce, given enough time.

Luke

?

Nope .. these were the real deal ! not Afganni knock togethers !

MkI's converted to MkII's absolutely 100% correct.

Cheers

Gary J.

May be true. They even used front stuffers and rolling block actions up to and including the Soviet invasion.

However authentic they may appear, you should keep Khyber Pass in the back of your mind-those knockoffs look every bit as real as the real thing but may only be good for a few rounds before you experience catastrophic failure.

?

Ciao Davide, non ci conosciamo, comunque volevo complimentarmi per il lavoro che fate laggiù! Kick the taliban ass!

cabart13
    ?

Greeting to ALL. When I was station in Bagram Air Base in 2005, there were plenty of WWI German helmets, British bayonets (P1888, P1903, P1907, P1913), German ersatz/ersoc bayonet, Snider rifles, British contract Martini-Henry, Kabul Arsenal Martini-Henry, French Lebel rifles and bayonets, German Gew88, US P1914 rifles, and some pre 1900 Russians, Swiss, German rifles for sale at the weekly market on the airbase. Prices were reasonable and sending them home was not too difficult. I can personally tell you that all these items were genuine. I was skeptical at first; I did my homework and found that most of the items I saw were good. I myself purchased over 150 bayonets and also purchased several Kabul Arsenal Martini-Henry's (M-H). There were Kyber Pass rifles that show up every now and then, but there were so many good condition Kabul Arsenal M-H's to be had for really good prices, no one really purchased the Kyber Pass ones. What the local Afghans also did was to take a Kabul Arsenal M-H, buffed off the original arsenal markings; in Dari, and replaced it with really convincing British proof marks. However, all these "Enfield" M-H, has the same markings, same inspector proof marks, and no serial numbers whatsoever. Lots of GI's got tricked into buying these "Enfield" M-H.

As for sending antique rifles back to the US, yes you can still do it. However, one need an approval form from the ATF; a requirement by the military custom office and not by the ATF, to send back any weapons that are under the Antique Category. The biggest problem is to convince a vendor to bring in these antique rifles to the base to sell.

I also tour a lot filled with all sort of Russian tanks, trucks, rocket launchers and many other wheeled vehicles at the Herat Airport. There was one gem in all these combat vehicle and that was a T34/85. I am not sure if it was in operating conditions or not, but just think of the story behind that tank.

v/r
    DN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2