Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Crashes Where Everyone Survived. WARNING! Canadian Wilderness Heavy!!

Article about: Here's some photo's of air crashes where everyone remarkably survived to tell the tale. All are in hard to get to places like mountains, wilderness, jungle, desert etc, so there's generally

Default Air Crashes Where Everyone Survived. WARNING! Canadian Wilderness Heavy!!

Here's some photo's of air crashes where everyone remarkably survived to tell the tale. All are in hard to get to places like mountains, wilderness, jungle, desert etc, so there's generally a fair bit left, (I remember the SAAF Shack going down, it's suffered a bit since). Some interesting shots that are quite haunting.

Happy End: photographs of miraculous aeroplane crashes where everyone survived - Telegraph

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks Ned
    Those are some fantastic pic's!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very interesting....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

You would think someone would have plundered the Shack for parts to keep the BoB Memorial Flight Lanc's flying. They always used to be on the scrounge for spare parts at the Biggin Hill Air Show's.

Quote by alikat View Post
    You would think someone would have plundered the Shack for parts to keep the BoB Memorial Flight Lanc's flying. They always used to be on the scrounge for spare parts at the Biggin Hill Air Show's.
    There's plenty other Shack's around the world should that be necessary, without risking going into a disputed area of the Sahara and all the potential dangers/problems that might entail. Some more info and photo's on the circumstances of the loss here:

Aircraft Nut: Pelican 16 Down : The sad story of a SAAF Shackleton (Part 3 of Shackleton MR3 in SAAF Service)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Great photos Ned!....

great Pictures Ned... It seems like the same type of aircraft in a lot of these photos. Don't get me wrong if anyone walks away from an air crash they are very lucky. If I was going to crash I would want to be in one of those. The Important parts seem to stay togeither on impact. (Fuselage, ETC...)

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

thanks Ned.

?

Great Photos!! I know of 9 A/C crashes around our cottage up North. I have been invited to one by the owner of the property. It is a CF-100, the pilot got out and the A/C is mainly intact.
    I have been told I can have anything I can carry out of the bush..but it is about a 45 min walk through heavy bush to get to it.

Dean O
    Canada

?

Thanks for sharing those pics Ned , there are some great shots there.

Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast