Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aircraft Inspection Stamp

Article about: Hi, does anyone of you have an idea which Aircraft Inspection Stamp this is? It must have been from around 1944. Thanks in advance. Marc

?

Default Aircraft Inspection Stamp

Hi,

does anyone of you have an idea which Aircraft Inspection Stamp this is? It must have been from around 1944.

Aircraft Inspection Stamp

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Marc, I am also in Germany and I will forward these numbers to a friend of mine who has a very extensive database of RAF crashes in Germany. I think he will be able to identify the aircraft type on hand of the numbers you provided. It would help though to get a location of where these parts were found, so he can see if he has an aircraft down in that area. His data base is sorted by Postleitzahl. Danny

?

Hi,

thanks for your offer. What is the source of the information in the database of your friend? Are these crash sites which have been found or is it a RAF source with towns mentioned?

Marc

Marc, it is based on the original Bomber Command Losses, but consistently updated with historical records and information from other sources. He has been working on this for over 20 years and I would say it is one of the most complete data bases out there. As we are all aviation archaeologists or historians, I can say with good faith, he has been able to help me out on numerous occasions. Danny

?

Hi Danny,
    thanks for the information. At the moment I would like to ask your friend for an extract of his database concerning a range of Postleitzahlen, because I cannot give the exact town to others at the moment. So if it is ok for him, I would be happy to get the dates or an index for the following Postleitzahlen ranges:

40xxx and
    42xxx

Thanks to you and to your friend, who really seems to have done a good work all the years.

Bye.

Marc