Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Aircraft part ID required...

Article about: Was kindly given this from someone for my private museum ages ago and still have not managed to identify what aircraft it is from, very strong traces of blue/white paint and meadow green pai

Quote by brataccas View Post
    Found this on the surface of a military dump near milltown, anyone know what it may be?
    Just...give...me...a...minute...

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Angry

[QUOTE=big ned;1690547]Just...give...me...a...minute...

hm posts like this doesnt help atall, I try post my daily finds hoping someone may recognise them not expecting patrionising and sarcastic responses

[QUOTE=brataccas;1691393]
    Quote by big ned View Post

hm posts like this doesnt help atall, I try post my daily finds hoping someone may recognise them not expecting patrionising and sarcastic responses
    And here's why. You've been a member for a month under 6 years, yet in that time, and after everyone has gone out of their way to help with your consistent enquiries which seem to revolve mainly around "What is it?", you nearly always seem to be extremely reluctant to thank anyone for their assistance and rarely show that you "Like" any of the answers you receive by pressing the icons below each post, never mind expressing it in a written reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I may be "patrionising (sic) and sarcastic " in your view, but please allow me the indulgence of a little forced humour as to your thankless and ungracious lack of appreciation and recognition of other members efforts to assist in your enquiries. A written expression of thanks once in a while would go a long way. Take it easy and lighten up mate.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well this is a prime example of how mere assumptions etc are very dangerous, I am very thankful for literally EVERYONES input over the years on what things may be, even though sometimes it takes a while for stuff to be ID'ed, I mostly am in contact via members though PM which I prefer as im generally more a private kinda guy hence the low post count, and PM for further discussing with people and thanking them on a 1 to 1 basis. Other times I have displayed appreciation on other forums where members here are there too so I do not see the point in thanking them multiple times plus the fact im "not thanking" on here certainly does not mean im ungrateful etc, ok fair enough there may be some people I have missed but genuinely grateful, to the ones I have THANK YOU(!!)

please keep your highly inaccurate speculations to yourself it just makes you look ignorant...

ps, As a sufferer of Asperger syndrome my kind often express ourselves differently be it online or in person, I know you probably didnt mean anything with your humour post it just throws me off making me think you dont want me posting my finds or something..

come to think of it I actually have thanked all, as youd see in my main big thread at the start, and a few other threads I have I state any help will be massivly appreciated etc, I just havent wrote that in this smaller thread. Better to thank in advance at the start than individually thats just my preferance sometimes.
    Last edited by brataccas; 12-10-2016 at 12:21 AM.

That was quite a good story, duly noted.

Regards, Ned.

?

Quote by big ned View Post

It makes me laugh hard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2