Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Allied tank track from the battlefield

Article about: Hi guys, Whilst browsing the forum I came across a post by Mr Bull in which he concluded that Allied tank track links aren't as appealing to collectors as their German counterparts. This att

Default Allied tank track from the battlefield

Hi guys,

Whilst browsing the forum I came across a post by Mr Bull in which he concluded that Allied tank track links aren't as appealing to collectors as their German counterparts. This attitude saddens me as I feel that Allied links are vastly more interesting and varied than German ones. As such I'd like to start the Allied Tank Track Appreciation Club (ATTAC), please add your own links, any history behind them and let's show that this particular field of interest should not be overlooked!

Here're some to get started....

Sherman T54-E2 from Normandy, prehaps the most varied of any Allied tank, from chevrons to bars, full steel (below) to rubber.

Allied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefield

British Churchill, from the Caen

Russian (yes Russian!) Matilda 2, very WW1-esque, this link came from Russia where nearly 1000 Matildas were sent as part of the Lend-Lease scheme.

British Archer SPG, this track from a Valentine chassis was recovered from Normandy as such it is assumed to be Archer as Valentine did not see service in Normandy

Finally, British Cromwell, these links came as a set and even show some shrapnel damage

?

Here can be my only contribution. A t-26 track. I really like the t-26 series of tanks albeit they were not very good. Still has dried up mud all over it. Only information included about its history that came with the purchase was, The link was found in Poland from the battle of Bialystok-Minsk during from Operation Barbarossa. This sits next to my 2 pounder tank sight when on display, kinda like a tank part display area. Heres the pictures

Great idea, great items and first class presentation/photographs....thank you both.

Not sure whether Mr Bull will take that lying down ;-) but if it prompts him to post more track all the better!

Come on guys, get your tracks out for the lads!!!

Lightbulb

I'm rather envious of the Churchill track link from Caen.....

Great textbook standard photos Tank spotter.

thought you'd like a modern day comparison piece.....it's not quite WW2 but the vehicle has been on a battlefield....but this link hasn't ever been fitted to a vehicle......

British Challenger track.......a bit of a monster.......

Allied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefieldAllied tank track from the battlefield

'hope you don't mind modern stuff contaminating your fine WW2 display...... :-)

Certainly don't mind the post war angle, very nice.

Here's a link of T-34 track, I can't decide if the damage was done by a mine or by a shark......

centurion track
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allied tank track from the battlefield  

valentine track
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allied tank track from the battlefield  

A13 covenanter track, there are two types of track. boxed and spudded like the one shown (similar to matilda 2 ) and webbed and spudded which is the later type

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast