Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)

Article about: Hey Guys, I'm Woody. I'm new to the forum, and this is my 1st post. I've aquired some battlefied, ground dug relics from the Ardenne Forest. I'm told that they're possibly American, but I'm

Default Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)

Hey Guys,

I'm Woody. I'm new to the forum, and this is my 1st post.

I've aquired some battlefied, ground dug relics from the Ardenne Forest. I'm told that they're possibly American, but I'm having trouble identifying just exactly WHAT they are!

I'm wondering if I post some pics, would any of you guys be able to help me identify them.

Kind Regards,
    Woody

Default Re: Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)

Sure thing! I'm excited to see what you have! Welcome to the forum!!

Ok, here they are. Sorry about the delay!

I've got an idea what they may be, but I'll keep that to myself for the time-being. lol

You can still make out the green paint on these 2 peices!

There you go. Nothing mind blowing, I know. But intriguing all the same!

Any help would be great!

Cheers,
    Woody

To me they look like M6A1 or M7A1 60mm rocket pieces.

Quote by soalebm View Post
    To me they look like M6A1 or M7A1 60mm rocket pieces.
    U.S. 2.36" (60mm) Rocket Launcher, WWII - Inert-Ord.net

Wow!! I can't thank you enough!!

Your knowledge is rather impressive! lol

I take it these have been fired then? And judging from the flattening of one of the heads, would this of ricocheted off its target?

Woody

Thats just the first thing that came to mind when I saw the tubes and what appeared to be the remnants of the fins on the bottom one. I would assume they have been fired and probably hit something. Now if only I could spot fake German stuff as quickly as I can spot rusted American stuff I'll be in business lol!

Quote by soalebm View Post
    Now if only I could spot fake German stuff as quickly as I can spot rusted American stuff I'll be in business lol!

Love that sayin "we're in business" lol!! Reminds me of Tom Sizemore (Sergeant Mike Horvath) in Saving Private Ryan!

I'll get my coat!!

Dont like to throw a spanner in the works,,but did you notice the screws or rivets on the end of the relic tube(1st pic),,,i think at least one of these is from rifle grenade or rifle grenade adapters,,see the attatched pictures
    photos stolen from my friend lex at http://www.lexpev.nl/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)   Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)  

Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)   Ardenne Forest Finds (possibly american)  

Yeah I thought of that but the pointed cones seem like rocket cones. But then again why would they not be blown to bits when it exploded. Rifle Grenade is probably correct good job on spotting the rivets!!! Is that a pic of your collection of propelled grenades on the shelf or just an example off the web?

Im thinking the cones are unrelated to the tubes and are ballistic caps from armour piercing projectiles,we sometimes find them on the ranges in similar condition..
    The pics are from the web, Grenades, Mines and Boobytraps i just edited them a bit,site belongs to a friend so he doesnt mind me using images from there

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast