Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Ardennen 27-28 juli 2009

Article about: Hey I have been to the Ardennen an few weeks ago. this is what i found. And does anyone know what this was for?. We didn't find much stuff.. it was the last time we wend to the ardennen. Nex

Default Ardennen 27-28 juli 2009

Hey

I have been to the Ardennen an few weeks ago.

this is what i found.

And does anyone know what this was for?.

We didn't find much stuff.. it was the last time we wend to the ardennen. Next stop will be in the east or in france.

If there is any one who what to come with us then PM me. Or if i can come with them searching. PM .

appie
    ?

Default Re: Ardennen 27-28 juli 2009

The padlock with the rings probaly was used to close a kit sack. The rings and lock bar were on the sack, and to close it the bar went through the rings and was locked with the padlock. The canvas has long decayed, this is was rests behind.
    Very nice sharpshooters cross, never found one with the anti-aircraft bar!

thank you.

yea i thought the same about the lock when i found it.
    It aint that much but maybe next time i got an good full fox-hole

As i say. leave nothing behind .

?

The leather sections with the tubular rivets in place, are the hide re-enforcement sections from a First pattern M1943 folding E-tool cover.

These panels of vegetable tanned hide act as a scabbard for the blade of the shovel when its fitted in the carrier. These panels are stitched to the inside of the cover, to help to strengthen the canvas and stop the shovels blade cutting through the material, due to the shear weight of the E-tool. This also helps to keep the E-tool head firmly supported in the cover when fixed to a pistol belt, combat pack, etc. Surprisingly the leather and rivets have survived but the canvas and webbing has completely rotted away, leaving you just the re-enforcement's.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Nice finds. Looks like you have a nice .50cal cartridge, some .30 cal and also some German 7.62.

In the top picture, the two cylindrical objects are old batteries.

The things that look a bit like clover leaves are tops/bottoms to mortar bomb carriers I think.

Steve T

yup.

found a lot of batt.

Thank you Nige for the awnser .

DE

The item to the left of the fork is the delay and detonator for an American pineapple grenade.......only just noticed it Be careful the detonator isn't still live !

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    The item to the left of the fork is the delay and detonator for an American pineapple grenade.......only just noticed it Be careful the detonator isn't still live !

Steve T

i know . it already went off. the tube is empty..