Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

b-25 tail

Article about: hi, while visiting arizona i went to visit a b-25 bomber wreck in the Rincon Mountains, East of Tucson, the tail section particulally the port vertical stab was amazinly intact, i understand

Default b-25 tail

hi,

while visiting arizona i went to visit a b-25 bomber wreck in the Rincon Mountains, East of Tucson, the tail section particulally the port vertical stab was amazinly intact, i understand the laws regards aircraft crashes in the u.s are that so long as you obtain the land owners consent (and the crew arent still onboard), the airforce really arent to bothered, if this isnt true please let me know, however if im am correct then how would i find out who the land (or in this case the mountain) belongs to?

regards Mad_ideas

?

Default Re: b-25 tail

If it was a US Navy B25 (they flew a few) do not touch it, they will quite literally hound you until you die. Otherwise ask on this forum here:
    Wreckchasing Message Board
    I've never posted but always wonder why you colonials never employ a mechanical digger. Something must have stuck in the ground over there.

thanks ian, in british thought just visiting arizona theres some great stuff out there, its a shame most of the intact wrecks where scraped i have seen pictures of an intact mustang crash where they lower the wheels and wheeled it down after 20 or so year of it being there then they cut it up for scrap!!!, thanks for the link and the warning about the navy i have heard about them being like that!
    heres a link to the b-25 i was talking about B-25D B-25 mitchell arizona crashed wrecked B25
    regards Mad_ideas

Patrick Starkey
    ?

Hi,

You will need to find out which State, and County the property is located in, look up the location / Address of the Countys Public Works Office (Zoning Dept) for that area. Contact that office (Zoning Dept) and they will look it up for you. You will need some information to find the Property, Lat, Long or A.P.N. or how far from the nearest roads and the name of the road or roads the crash site is located. Remember just give them only the information for them to locate the property where you are working, and what every you do don't say a crash site. If someone in that office likes aircraft or know someone that does, you may give the crash site away to someone else, and give yourself a hole lot of trouble. Just tell them that you are interested in that property and you need to contact the property owner and here is the Lat and Long you have. Once the property is located, they can give you the Name, and Address of the property owner, A.P.N. etc. To find the Lat, Long, use Google Earth, locate the crash site, place the pointer hand on the site and look at the bottom of the screen on the left side, there is where the Lat and Long for your pointer is located. That's the Lat and Long you can give them to find the property. Good Luck.

Aerobones1@yahoo.com