MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

battle of britain worthing relic

Article about: Hi there guys im new to this site so hope this ends up where it should be . I have been into ww1 and ww2 history and relics all my life and grew up on the south downs where as a kid use to s

?

Default battle of britain worthing relic

battle of britain worthing relicHi there guys im new to this site so hope this ends up where it should be . I have been into ww1 and ww2 history and relics all my life and grew up on the south downs where as a kid use to spend a lot of time hunting for relics but I also hunt and field walk looking for stone age flint tools and one day when out hunting for flint tools I came across this broke piece of aluminum machine and thought to myself it looked as if it could have come from a ww2 crash so when I got home I did a google search about the field to see if any planes had ever crashed there and it terns out yes one did it was a Heinkel 111p that force landed after being shot down by spitfires from 602 squadron . The heinkel was mostly in one piece and taken away by the A.M so im guessing there are not many relics from this crash . Im just wondering if any of you guys out there could help me work out what part this is from engine or maybe a broken wheel ? please helpbattle of britain worthing relicbattle of britain worthing relicbattle of britain worthing relicbattle of britain worthing relicbattle of britain worthing relic

I am pretty sure that is a part of the rim for one of the landing gear