Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1

Article about: Tim, in fairness whilst the laws are too much the other way now part of the problem is that a lot of stuff is left lying around on purpose and is booby trapped - as i shall show in the next

Default Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1

The following pictures were taken by myself recently whilst on my very cheap, all inclusive winter sun holiday to the Afghan seaside.

The site is quite literally just a dumping ground for old, shot up vehicles. There are no known plans for shifting the stuff and so i dare say it will stay there forever....

I shall start a separate thread for site 2 if there is any interest as I know relatively modern stuff may not "float the boat" of the majority of forum members. As there are a large number of pics from the other site and I would need to resize them, I don't want to do all that and find that actually, it ain't that interesting anyway!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1   Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1  

Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1   Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1  

Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1   Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1  

Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1  

Default Re: Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1

I must add, I know very little about military vehicles so please feel free to shout out and tell me what is in the pics. To me they are "Trucks, APC's, Rocket Launchers" etc.

?

Wow very cool ! Great thread can't wait till site 2 ! Can you walk freely around the stuff ? That is SWEET !!!!!

Thanks for showing !

Regards
    Alex

If you know where it is, you can walk around freely.

I liberated a battle-damaged helmet, exploded rounds, empty MG link belts and an empty AK47 magazine (no internals). Got them confiscated by the MP's as I was leaving theatre as they are "War Trophies" and thus not allowed.....I also had 3 x 40mm and 3 x 25mm shell cases from an AC-130 "Spectre" gunship that were certified as FFE (safe) and they were fine to take home. Which is the more directly related to war, ammo or helmets???? I dare say said MP has a lovely collection for when he goes home!

Here's a few more, the truck is from Site 1, the APC's (BMP's????) were on site at my base and had suffered the ill-effects of our somewhat beligerent neighbours and their gardening activities.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1   Battle-damaged Vehicle Scrap yard - Site 1  

?

Lol very nice you are lucky I was going to say I would have like to taken some stuff ! Lol I like the tank ! Why are you not allowed ? I beleve amo and helmets are both very mutch so war related nether more than the other ...

Kind regards
    Alex

Alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

skypilot, thanks for sharing.
    You need to learn what it is that greases the MP's hand.

Good hunting,
    Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Rudy - a non-starter with that bloke. The previous guy was superb, showed my the confiscated weapons haul, passed on unit badges and even took me out in his cop 4 x 4 to go and liberate some abandoned aircraft tyres that I even managed to get shipped back home!

The MPs are a right pain in the Ass! They claim that anything that is not from UK sources is classed as a War Trophey and is Theft!! A mate of mine tried to bring back a 27mm Mauser case. He had it FFE certified by the DARMO so all was legal, however the DARMO wrote as the description, 27mm Italian Mauser case (Even though they are exactly the same as the British 27mm Mauser round, and made by Mauser) so the Police confiscated it and said it was Theft! I hate em with a passion!

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    The MPs are a right pain in the Ass! They claim that anything that is not from UK sources is classed as a War Trophey and is Theft!! A mate of mine tried to bring back a 27mm Mauser case. He had it FFE certified by the DARMO so all was legal, however the DARMO wrote as the description, 27mm Italian Mauser case (Even though they are exactly the same as the British 27mm Mauser round, and made by Mauser) so the Police confiscated it and said it was Theft! I hate em with a passion!
    It doesnt make any sense does it? As long as the item(s) are certified FFE, chemicals or anything else that may be deemed hazardous i cant see a problem with bringing back helmets, empty mags, shell casings, shrapnel etc. I knew a couple of guys who served in the 1991 Gulf War and they brought back quite a lot of very good souvenirs many battlefield pick up items but apparently now the regulations are very much stricter and one guy said that you basically get told to leave stuff alone and not collect souvenirs. Attempting to smuggle items also has huge risk element as generally the top brass warn anyone caught with anything will mean their CO gets punished too-crazy and cant see why this happens. Love this thread and the photographs are brilliant so please keep em coming!!! Best Regards, Tim.

ian
    ?

i see there BTR60pb and BRDM
    other than that ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast