Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bristol Hercules Engine Casing Fragment????

Article about: Hi guys, Just trying to confirm whether this piece is from a Bristol Hercules aircraft engine-so far ive had one yes from an old chap who is familiar with the engine type but wanted a few mo

Default Bristol Hercules Engine Casing Fragment????

Hi guys, Just trying to confirm whether this piece is from a Bristol Hercules aircraft engine-so far ive had one yes from an old chap who is familiar with the engine type but wanted a few more opinions if possible. Thanks Guys. Tim.Attachment 933408Attachment 933409Attachment 933410

Definitely looks like its from the accessory case of a Hercules.
    Chris......

Bristol Hercules Engine Casing Fragment????

Thanks very much Chris nice one. I did email a few pics of this relic to one of the museums but they did not reply and the email timed out as no one bothered to open and read it so this is really good news and confirms everything nicely. Thanks again for taking the time to reply as its greatly appreciated. Best Regards. Tim.

Hi Falschirmjager - my advice is not to buy anything from this seller on ebay. This is the_somme1916 isn't it?

Many of the items he sells have faked histories - in fact in some of his older auctions you could see angle grinder marks where he has cut up engine parts presumably in order to generate more money. He has been selling this crap on ebay for some time now - in the early days he would routinely list chunks of Hercules engine as being Merlin - these were easy to spot. Over time he has picked up a bit of knowledge and it is now harder to catch him out. I bought a supposed RAF magneto from him - when I checked the stamps it turned out to be American one.

Details of his latest fakery can be found here: Some German parts bought off a forum member without history - suddenly turning into He115 seaplane parts from the Battle of Britain. Scumbag.
    Seen On Ebay (2016) - Page 2

Thanks for the heads up there as much appreciated and will ensure I avoid this seller in future just to be safe. Who is he does anyone know name etc, I know it cant be posted publicly but would like to know in PM if possible. Thanks again. Tim.