Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Covenanter tank recovery

Article about: a couple of years ago i heard of a covenanter buried at denbies vineyard in dorking but did nothing about it until january this year when i hired a proton magnetometer and went down with my

this is part of the press release and shows suggs (nice chap actually) and steve taylor (historian) sitting on the tank. i have met steve before and it is the same steve some of you may remember from the forum as STEVE T. it's a small world
    Covenanter  tank  recovery

Only remember Steve T had a very poor grasp of human anatomy. Where did he qualify as a historian?

the tank episode is going to be aired on the 23rd at 9 pm on the history channel

I can imagine how you feel re the TV "take-over"....'must've been tremendously frustrating / annoying (and costly!)...other TV shows have a similar impact....10% of the viewers (us) are muttering "Knob"..."Dick"...."Wasters" somewhat jealously under our breath as the presenters get most facts wrong and talk in that everythings-exciting-and-dangerous tone whilst the other 90% absolutely love it, BELIEVE IT and want more....and when some of the featured pieces turn up at shows they draw a crowd....more interest = more income (for someone...even if it just means the survival of a Fair or Show etc). Hopefully what you will see is the interest exposure this will bring to our area of interest. Yes you'll get a bunch of Air-soft / Gamer equivalents doing whatever it is they actually do but you'll also push some watchers over the edge into the real world...our world.....and that's gotta be a good thing....you may not see it - but it will happen.

Well done and, for what it's worth, thank you.

i plan on bringing it back to manchester later this month to the resto, or at least make a list of the parts i need !

going to collect the tank next week so if anyone wants to visit before it disappears up north then now's your chance.Covenanter  tank  recovery

Yep. That's TV people all over: lots of promises but most of them broken.

I, too, have had my time and resources wasted by such people.

Regards,

Martin

Quote by eddy8men View Post
    this is part of the press release and shows suggs (nice chap actually) and steve taylor (historian) sitting on the tank. i have met steve before and it is the same steve some of you may remember from the forum as STEVE T. it's a small world
    Covenanter  tank  recovery
    Steve is a chemist not a professional historian. I guess anyone who collects could claim to be a historian.

How is the restoration going?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

the engine is being rebuilt in leeds but the hull is still sitting in the yard waiting to be sand blasted. it will be restored just too busy at the moment

Thought I’d bump this thread, any update on the restoration?
    Last edited by HetzersGonnaHetz; 06-19-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast