Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Crash site Baltic sea

Article about: What I find disturbing is where is the rest of it? no large castings or wing sections apparent? There are a couple of interesting items there that need further examination. On the video you

Default Re: Crash site Baltic sea

Thats my plane, alright. There has been some articles in dfferent newspaper in Sweden since the word came out.
    About 60-70 % of what is written is correct.

fyrftr422
    ?

Damn, just found this thread after first visiting this post Halifax tailwheel - Page 2 They mention a list of aircraft this could possibly have been, one of which I have interest in.

But I knew it was a super long shot, and, apparently, too long this time.

Reason being ... I was looking for information on aircraft LK971, a Halifax bomber from 434 Squadron of the RCAF that left RAF Croft AT 17:19 hrs on February 15, 1944 and disappeared without a trace.

The Bomb-Aimer, Donald Grant Goodfellow was born and raised in the home I now own and live and learning of this compelled me to find all I could about him, his service, his crew and the circumstance of their loss. The crew was approximately halfway through their 30 missions when they were lost, with a 'second dickie' on board as well. Since no trace of the crew and aircraft has been found, it is speculated they may have been shot down over the Baltic Sea by a Luftwaffe night fighter on their way to their target, Berlin.

Maybe it can be found in time, who knows.

Thanks
    Bryan

Did you guys find any bombs at the site? I only see .303 ammo, which is not dangerous. Danny

No bombs in sight. its possible she was carrying sea mines. Not much ,(nothing) has happend on the site this year .
    This spring i will gather some divers and make a map over the site to try to establish from wich direction the plan came from and try to find something that can id it. Any suggestions what to look for, anyone ?

?

Quite a find.

Are you talking serial number wise or make? Danny

The image of the numbered disc with gradients from 15 to 25 on either side suggest a twin engined aircraft.

Chris......

Hi Chris - that is the face from the bomb steering indicator - it's not engine related.

"This spring i will gather some divers and make a map over the site to try to establish from wich direction the plan came from and try to find something that can id it. Any suggestions what to look for, anyone ?"

Lasse - I would be interested to come over and dive with you if that would be helpful?

Quote by Elliott1940 View Post
    Hi Chris - that is the face from the bomb steering indicator - it's not engine related.
    Thanks Elliot that nails it. Here's two images from Can Anyone ID this Indicator?. The first image is from a Bolingbroke.

Chris......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crash site Baltic sea   Crash site Baltic sea  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast