Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Destroyed T 34 tanks in Russia- far east

Article about: Here is a couple of pictures, they still present in their places, after they was destroyed by Japanese army

?

Default Re: Destroyed T 34 tanks in Russia- far east

Thats whats so amazing to think about these tanks, imagine the sounds & smells, the fear. What these guys must had felt driving these machines. This is my first post / reply to anything on this site. I have to admit, this site is incredible!!!

I looked at these photos last week and have found myself coming back again and again.

I find it amazing to think that these still sit where they rested (if they are still in their original positions). to me they truly tell a story, a page in history sitting out in the open for all to see!

These pictures are amazing.

Welcome aboard Brant! Nice to have you here!

Rob

Amazing! That last pic in the group is haunting, a whole platoon of T-34's with turrets still facing the threat. Any word on the condition inside the tanks? Equipment? Or were they stripped? The pics remind me of the images of sunken warships with their turrets trained out to port or starboard.

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks and have to say I love this site. Unfortunately I won't be able to collect anytime soon as I am a complete noob and I am definately on a beer budget.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Here is a couple of pictures, they still present in their places, after they was destroyed by Japanese army
    What in the heck did the Japs have that knocked those out and where are they at? I can't imagine the Japanese had a tank that could go toe to toe with a T-34. I would even think that an air attack would have a tough time considering the Japanese abilities against heavy armor.

Brad

Hi Dimas

Are these tanks from the 'Battle of Khalkhyn Gol' or from 'Operation August Storm'?

Battle of Khalkhin Gol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Soviet invasion of Manchuria (1945) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Nick, they are from "August Storm!". The T34/85 did exist at the time of Khalkhin Gol

Cheers, Ade.

?

They came by the way and from the hills there was hidden Japanesse bunkers, they shot the tanks shot by shot and make a big traffick... There a couple of similar histories, even a Soviets make a film with similar situation. This is a very interesting places the Kuril islands, there still a lot of japanesse armament-aircrafts-helmets-tanks, I have pictures somewhere, but don't know exactly where. That islands is still a quite wild, due of only borderguard helicopters fly to that area...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Formerjughead View Post
    What in the heck did the Japs have that knocked those out and where are they at? I can't imagine the Japanese had a tank that could go toe to toe with a T-34. I would even think that an air attack would have a tough time considering the Japanese abilities against heavy armor.

Brad
    This may or may not have been the case, but due to the lack of effective anti tank weapons the IJA used troops with air bombs, hammers and a spider hole and waited for a tank to drive over the top of them, then boom. Looking at the pics a couple of the tanks are missing road wheels and the fenders look to be blown upwards, so this may very well be what happened. Any evidence of this at the site?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast