Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Digs

Article about: Please excuse my lack of knowledge in digs but I have often wondered why in the ground digs are the items 3-8ft deep? I know that 60 years has passed and understand if they were buried on pu

Default Digs

Please excuse my lack of knowledge in digs but I have often wondered why in the ground digs are the items 3-8ft deep? I know that 60 years has passed and understand if they were buried on purpose but with personal items and such are these battlefield digs ...grave digs? It does not appear so. On Vehicles I can see being put in a lake or buried in a ditch, This is the most interesting web site I have ever seen!

Default Re: Digs

the stuff deep down would mostly have been found in a filled in trench line or dug out , sometimes rubbish pits and also shell craters

I always wondered...thanks

mayfiebl

Most of the stuff the guys in mainland Europe are digging up are from the bottom of fox holes and trenches and such like.

The stuff I find on WW2 air bases and gunnery ranges is rarely more than 12 inches (about 30cm in European money ) beneath the surface. Indeed, most of the stuff I dig up is almost always a spade blade deep. Some of it is even just lying on the surface !

Check out these two posts of mine. Nothing I found on the gunnery range was more than 6inches down, and nothing on the airbase more than 12 inches.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-2010-a-17854/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-2010-a-17850/

Cheers

Steve T