Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doolittle Raid plane remains

Article about: So i have done some more deeper research about the raid and found out that they had found some parts that was said to belong to one of the B 25's that took part in the raid. I know one plane

Default Doolittle Raid plane remains

So i have done some more deeper research about the raid and found out that they had found some parts that was said to belong to one of the B 25's that took part in the raid.
    I know one plane landed as far as in russia(!)

Does anyone have any more information about the aftermatch of the raid? is there any photos of wreck findings of today in the China area?

Regards , Conny

?

Default Re: Doolittle Raid plane remains

Hi MetalCrue,

Interesting question, and something I've thought about as well. Unfortunately I think unless any missing B-25's crashed in truly remote areas of China, it's likely it's long been cut for use by peasants / villagers etc.

I think the same would be true of anything left over from the 1945 Soviet invasion of Manchuria, and anything left from the Korean war, in North Korean territory.

Those people went through some extremely tough and very lean times, and would have used anything to hand if it could be re-purposed.

Yes i bet the villagers really took every part for use, here in Sweden its only a skeleton left in the sea of an german bomber and i do know the chinese had better use of the scrap.
    But it would ofcourse be intresting to see if anything was left

Hello Metalcrue1, I know that its almost imposable to find anything from the war in China and Korea area , the peasants and locals scrapped everything they could get their hands on after the war.
    There is gossip of a nearly complete B25 in a Russian scrap yard. Think an American group are trying to find it. but this could almost always put down to just that Gossip.
    Can you tell me anymore about the German bomber you know of in Sweden ???

?

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    Hello Metalcrue1, I know that its almost imposable to find anything from the war in China and Korea area , the peasants and locals scrapped everything they could get their hands on after the war.
    There is gossip of a nearly complete B25 in a Russian scrap yard. Think an American group are trying to find it. but this could almost always put down to just that Gossip.

Here you go - crashed planes in Norway and other countries:

World War II Aircraft wrecksites in Norway

I know this site well , hes done a great job on it. even been to a few of them.

Quote by kiwiwreckdiver View Post
    Hi!

Oh yes i know one famous place here where it crashed one in "Grövelsjön" wich is on the border between Norway and Sweden.

The text is in Swedish but you can see some photos of it here, there are only some skeleton pieces left in the water.
    The nose has been taken care of as you can see in one of the pictures.

It did an emergency landing there in 1940-42(?) it belonged to Kampfgeschwader 26 1Gr/2St as the text says.

Here is a little piece in english He.111H-3 Grøvelsjøen

There are a few more left on the mountains between the border i dont really know much about them.

Oh yes Iv seen pictures of this one, still looks good
    Heinkel He 111 : Azote

I wonder if there are any website like that but with all the ships instead of the planes in Norway cause i know some who just lay there on the riverbank and rusts away.

mate there are 100s just Google Wreck Diving Norway and it keeps you busy for hours

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast