Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Doolittle Raid plane remains

Article about: So i have done some more deeper research about the raid and found out that they had found some parts that was said to belong to one of the B 25's that took part in the raid. I know one plane

Default Re: Doolittle Raid plane remains

what a great website.
    chris

Yes i know i can do that,but i was looking if there was any good site that was so nice laid up as the plane site wich listed every single plain and wich year.

I agree this site is just super.
    chris

Simple navigation as it's best.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Here you go - crashed planes in Norway and other countries:

World War II Aircraft wrecksites in Norway
    Amazing site, i wonder why the scrap people did not go around and collect the debris

Quote by MetalCrue1 View Post
    So i have done some more deeper research about the raid and found out that they had found some parts that was said to belong to one of the B 25's that took part in the raid.
    I know one plane landed as far as in russia(!)

Does anyone have any more information about the aftermatch of the raid? is there any photos of wreck findings of today in the China area?

Regards , Conny
    I actually own some pieces of two of the aircraft (plane #3 and plane #7 (Ruptured duck" the aircraft flown by Ted Lawson and featured in his book "30 seconds over Tokyo")) the pieces were recovered during the 1990 Bryan Moon expedition. Would be happy to post pics but only pieces of the #3, small bits of the #7, and pilots armor plate of #1 were ever recovered. The Russian plane was "supposedly" destroyed in a hanger fire in the early 1950s

Wow ,cool piece of history you own!
    Never heard bout the Bryan Moon expedition, was it a search for the planes only or did they just accidently find them?

Yeah, here's a link to a basic article. The set out in hopes of finding several of the planes intact and were only able to locate small sections at a couple of the crash sites. Parts of Doolittle Raid Planes Found in China, Searchers Say - Los Angeles Times

Thank you !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2