Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun

Article about: hya , here is a link too a Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun thats been dug up,its in german so i'm not sure what the site says but it looks a intresting bit of moblie artillery. I can't find a ol

sturmhunter
    ?

Default Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun

hya ,
    here is a link too a Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun thats been dug up,its in german so i'm not sure what the site says but it looks a intresting bit of moblie artillery. I can't find a old picture of one,maybe someone has one that they could post up,thanks.

Hartziel.de - Panzerwracks und Militärschrott

Default Re: Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun

Have a look here - lots of photos

Chars français - 1916 CHAR SAINT-CHAMOND

Richie

this saint chamond does exist in kit,the pics are a little bit rare as you said killroy...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun  

sturmhunter
    ?

thanks for the posts,i found afew pictures of one that is in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Ordnance Museum.I've not seen one before,wow what a massive gun the strapped the that body,i bet it moved around aload then they fired
    does enyone know: Was this used in the ww2 or it pre-war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun   Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun  

They were relics of the first world war although a few survived to see action in the second. They were an attempt to make use of the tank chassis, as the tank itself wasn't particularly good.

Steve T

Default That's nothin....

The projectiles from DORA are almost bigger than that whole gun. 800mm I believe. They just recentlydug up a number of range fired projectiles. I believe DORA needed a crew of 1,300 people....

Exclamation Re: Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun

Now THIS is a big projectile!!!!!
    A DORA 800mm (80cm)

This link shows DORA being fired

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnV9hJ_2As
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dug up=Saint-Chamond 194mm GPF Gun  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.