Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

F/S Denis Copping, Missing P-40 Pilot - Human Remains Discovered.

Article about: by bartonharley13 So I wonder if this plane can be seen on Google Earth? I know swamp ghost the B17 in Papua New Guinea was visable. Anyone know exactly where it was? I really hope that it h

Default Re: F/S Denis Copping, Missing P-40 Pilot - Human Remains Discovered.

I cannot believe that!!
    Money will really kill us all..

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Pulled apart - pieces removed by tourists and souvenir hunters.........

I've been involved in archaeological surveys in remote areas, sometimes with remains. Out of respect for that persons bones, it's purely logical that you don't touch anything you don't need to, and you don't walk where you don't need to.

I've got a term for people that disturb things deliberately = Human vultures.

Great news! I am glad that they have found him. He deserves a proper burial on a nice final resting place. I hope there will be more deteails about the discovery.
    May rest in peace Sgt Copping.

There is as yet no proof positive that these are Copping's remains, but let us hope that it is so. There may be a prolonged wait whilst investigations and tests are carried out, but I'm sure all will agree that this is essential before any official statement is made.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

tourist and souvenir chaser is a calamity for this plane

?

Its a terrible shame that the aircraft has not yet been recovered as this was bound to happen, but i dont know if tourists are to blame, its well off the beaten track , remote , desolate and very demanding on any tourist tour, i would think its more probably due to locals to that region but if it is F/sgt Copping then at last his patrol is finished, RIP

Quote by davejb View Post
    Its a terrible shame that the aircraft has not yet been recovered as this was bound to happen, but i dont know if tourists are to blame, its well off the beaten track , remote , desolate and very demanding on any tourist tour, i would think its more probably due to locals to that region but if it is F/sgt Copping then at last his patrol is finished, RIP
    Dave,

The aircraft is currently in the possession of the El Alamein Museum, and is rumoured to be moving to a certain larger museum in London on a 'significant' date from the time and conflict when it was lost......But I didn't tell you that.

As for poor Copping, no positive news on the remains found as of yet.....It may not even be him.
    Last edited by big ned; 08-14-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Bent Head Dobber...
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thankyou 007, M will be pleased, your Vodka Martini is awaiting your arrival, shaken not stirred of course

Quote by davejb View Post
    Thankyou 007, M will be pleased, your Vodka Martini is awaiting your arrival, shaken not stirred of course
    Shertainly.....Shankyou Pussy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F/S Denis Copping, Missing P-40 Pilot - Human Remains Discovered.  

So I wonder if this plane can be seen on Google Earth? I know swamp ghost the B17 in Papua New Guinea was visable. Anyone know exactly where it was? I really hope that it has been moved by the El Alamein Museum. Destruction by the hand of tourists is no way for a warbird to be treated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast