Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Flakpanzer Restoration in Canada

Article about: I'm part of a group of guys restoring a Flakpanzer located at CFB Borden in Canada, and have been filming videos as it comes along. If you guys are interested, you can check out the playlist

?

Default Flakpanzer Restoration in Canada

I'm part of a group of guys restoring a Flakpanzer located at CFB Borden in Canada, and have been filming videos as it comes along. If you guys are interested, you can check out the playlist here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsMp...8O6rSz1wWoXAfk

The turret of the vehicle has been removed and the hull itself is currently in the process of being stripped.

You can also check out the Facebook page for the group here: https://www.facebook.com/FlakpanzerRestorationProject/

My video group and I will be making more videos of the restoration as it comes along so feel free to subscribe to the channel or follow the Facebook page to keep getting updates.

CBH
    ?

Thanks for sharing the link, a member here CampX (Dean) is also involved with this restoration I believe.

Best of Luck.

The Flakpanzer IV "Wirbelwind" (Whirlwind in English) was a German self-propelled anti-aircraft gun based on the Panzer IV tank. It was developed in 1944 as a successor to the earlier Möbelwagen self-propelled anti-aircraft gun. 4 x 20mm guns.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link, a member here CampX (Dean) is also involved with this restoration I believe.

Best of Luck.
    No problem, just trying to get the news out there that the vehicle's being restored.

CBH
    ?

Keep up the posting, I hope they can find a 2-cm Flakvierling 38 to compete the tank.

Great project.

About time it got tidied up. That grey primer paint did not suit it.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Keep up the posting, I hope they can find a 2-cm Flakvierling 38 to compete the tank.

Great project.
    Will do, there has indeed been a 2-cm Flakvierling sourced. The relevant information is in this video: https://youtu.be/Ykkt6yBw12U

If anyone wants, I can regularly post new videos up here although subscribing to the youtube channel or Facebook page are also options.

CBH
    ?

Please keep posting. It's a very interesting project.

You should also tell Sherman Williams that they should market that Panzer paint!

Great work and thanks for the links.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I am not involved in the restoration, but as I have dontated many items to the museum that are on display, I am allowed to go see it, and I have posted many photos here as you know

Dean O
    Canada

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast