Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Focke-Wulf Fw190 german fighter plane restoration

Article about: Hi Guys, The success of our project is important for us because we can revitalize a rare WWII German fighter plane, a small but important part of history, and there is only one working versi

?

Default Focke-Wulf Fw190 german fighter plane restoration

Hi Guys,

The success of our project is important for us because we can revitalize a rare WWII German fighter plane, a small but important part of history, and there is only one working version of this plane on the whole world. We feel like we have to take care of this rarity, and save it for the future generations. Lot of people like flying, planes and some of them just learning it, but we want to provide the opportunity for everybody to learn it from practice and event touch the history in real life. Now everybody can join to our project with some donation, and can be the part of the success, and tell the grandchildren he/she contributed the project. We hope we can welcome you in our team and we can be happy together for our success.

Please share this project

Thank you

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...restoration--2

?

I do not like requests for donations from unknown sources.

Who will the aircraft belong to after restoration ?

How do you know who the parts belong to? I do not see a way to verify any of the statements made or the supposed project in question.

Three individuals request you to send them your money so that they will benefit from the donation and for 80 euros you get a brand new ball cap.

There are historical foundations that offer grants for projects such as this if they are legitimate.

They require a written proposal after which they contact you and tell you exactly what you need to do for a grant. They will require a strict time table for the progress among other things and more important who will benefit from it.

Sending your hard earned money to strangers with no verifiable background is not a wise thing to do.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Sending your hard earned money to strangers with no verifiable background is not a wise thing to do.
    Yet people will still do it Steve .........

And with a sales pitch like "the success of our project is important for us because we can revitalize a rare WWII German fighter plane"....."we feel like we have to take care of this rarity, and save it for the future generations" ...."everybody can join to our project with some donation, and can be the part of the success, and tell the grandchildren he/she contributed the project" ...... "we hope we can welcome you in our team and we can be happy together for our success" ......

.....don't you just feel all warm & gooey?? dang, that baseball cap looks good on you!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

According to Wiki there are at least 23 FW-190s known to still exist with 2 flight-worthy and several more being restored to flight capability. This has SCAM written all over it.

?

At least they dont write us claiming to be a stunning tall Nigerian princess who needs your bank account to transfer 99 zillion trillion dollars to..

419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet!

?

This gotta be a joke. They want to raise 400000€ in only 35 days...!? GO and good luck! They are very optimistic!!!

?

Looks like this campaign was started by a very keen Hungarian fellow who has been collecting parts for several years... New Fw 190 website/ parts wanted

Don't be too harsh on him guys. Seems genuine to me, but this guy needs to re-do his marketing. All of it.

Quote by Niedersachsen View Post
    this guy needs to re-do his marketing. All of it.
    Something of an understatement!

No information at all in the "team profiles"?

However, they did remember to include a pretty young blonde on a horse which (nearly) persuaded me!!!

I wonder if I make a donation she might...............

Close (not very) but no cigar

Time for bed "Ich bin ganz allein"

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Dear Stever,

The plane parts are now at private collectors. There are several history planes in private hands. Right now we are looking for sponsors for our project, who like flying and old planes. There was several campaigns like this on similar crowd funding sites. Our goal is to save a plane like this for those who are interested. This indiegogo campaign is for them. And what is the proof that we spend the money for this plane? You can ask this question for all indiegogo campaign. But I can assure you we will spend all the money on this plane, like we spent all of our savings in the last few years J you can check the results on our site Focke-Wulf Fw-190 and our facebook page. Before we started the campaign we consulted with several private collectors and museums and this campaign is the result of this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast