Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

found churchills and m10 bulldog

Article about: I bags first ride in the drivers seat when she's rebuilt! I just love Churchill tanks, you can keep your Shermans and Tigers, give me a Churchill ANYTIME Regards etc Ian D

Default Re: found churchills and m10 bulldog

thanks nige,will do.eddy

hi fella's
    it's been a while since i posted about this thread and unfortunately the tank i wanted to aquire is not accessible as the land around it is covered by an sssi which means site of special scientific interest,which i struggle to comprehend as it's sitting on moorland only 80m from the road,what is special about that patch of heather is beyond me and why someone would think it more enviromentally friendly to leave a tank rotting away in the middle of it than to remove the tank and let the ground recover naturally also beggars belief,but i've not given up,i might just have to bite the bullet and buy one,the sexton on marcus glenn looks viable,now if i could just find someone to lend me £30k the rest will be easy.

all the best

eddy

How about a chieftan for £18,000?

Or a scorpion for £12,000

very nice i've worked on and driven both but it's ww2 for me or nothing,it will be difficult but i'll get there with some luck and a lot of perseverence.

eddy

hi eddy8men i am not going to add to the other commets as they are all relavant in some way well excepet one but anyway to try and save you some time and fuel , dont bother going to otterburn since your in manchester you want to head out to the peak district look on the map near leek on the a523 or a53 there is an old army firing range and when i was trogging around ther many years ago , in my army days before i get shouted at there were some ww2 hulks including churchills and shermans and a t34 good hunting dave.

does any one want to chip in for a chieftan , we can use it on alternative weekends

Quote by dave1134 View Post
    hi eddy8men i am not going to add to the other commets as they are all relavant in some way well excepet one but anyway to try and save you some time and fuel , dont bother going to otterburn since your in manchester you want to head out to the peak district look on the map near leek on the a523 or a53 there is an old army firing range and when i was trogging around ther many years ago , in my army days before i get shouted at there were some ww2 hulks including churchills and shermans and a t34 good hunting dave.
    Would that be Anzio camp by any chance?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Would that be Anzio camp by any chance?
    Anzio, now that rings a bell or two was there a few years ago, dont remember any AFV's on the ranges though

Thanks

Danny

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Your a lucky guy mate! My great uncle Joe was a gunner in the Shermans! He's told me a few stories about his days in 'the tommy cooker'! Including driving one into a ditch in Normandy, and sliding across black ice and straight into an unsuspecting pensioners livingroom in Holland!!

He's 86 now, and still loves his Sherman Tanks!
    That black Ice thing really rang a bell for me. When I was stationed in Fulda Germany, in the 80's we had the entire squadron move out. Snow started falling just as we pulled out the gate, a mile or so later the roads were covered with snow. Tanks and APC's don't do well on packed snow. There were so many accidents, I'm surprized it didn't make the World news. What a mess, Fortunately nobody was killed but there were many accidents and a ton of property damage. That was one of the times in my life where I was deathly afraid of killing somebody. We made it across fulda before they put a stop to the foolishness, We stopped at a truck stop and stayed there for two days until the dust/snow settled. That little ride still makes me cringe to this day.

Mike

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast