Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

found churchills and m10 bulldog

Article about: I bags first ride in the drivers seat when she's rebuilt! I just love Churchill tanks, you can keep your Shermans and Tigers, give me a Churchill ANYTIME Regards etc Ian D

Default Re: found churchills and m10 bulldog

Eddy, good luck with the restoration of the Universal Carrier. I to have had a dream of restoring a ww2 tank since I was a kid. Don't know why I want to restore one, don't know where I would put it, don't know what I would do with it once it was restored, but! For years I have listened and tried to follow up on stories from vets etc of dumped tanks ...one day I will recover one.
    As a thought about your Universal carrier there are stories about a couple or three of those buried in the grounds of Hylands house in Chelmsford Essex. Story goes that the S.A.S., who used Hylands House as a training ground during ww2, at the end of the war had more than ammo than they were supposed to have, so to save any embarising questions being asked, dumped the extra ammo on 2 or 3 universal carriers and then buried them in the grounds of Hylands House. Hope this was of some interest, Simon.

hi fella's
    thanks for the kind words guys, i'll email the seller for some pics and post them here and simon keep the dream alive not every decision in life has to be rational, just go with it and see where it takes you.

eddy

lol well done eddy keep us posted with plenty of updates and i will offer a pair of hands for some track bashing when you get going regards, dave.

thanks for the offer dave i might have to take you up on that, you do know that there's 168 each side !!!

hi fella's
    got some pics of the carrier through from the seller the other day and it's already on it's way to liverpool docks and from there onto manchester, looking forward to getting my hands on it. as you can see the front armour has been cut and the rad,engine and gearbox are missing but other than that not too bad. if you want to follow the restoration goto Welcome to HMVF - Historic Military Vehicles Forum and you'll find it there but it won't be on for a month or so but i'll keep you updated on this forum from time to time.

all the best

eddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

found churchills and m10 bulldog   found churchills and m10 bulldog  

It looks good Eddy
    Best of luck with the rebuild, regards, Simon.

Looks great Eddy, good luck with restoring it

Thanks

Danny

thanks guys

Really nice indeed, go for it mate, good luck
    Best regards
    Nuno

Good luck on it Eddy maybe i can call down to the docks and have a little look before it goes to you i only live 3mins away from the dock where it will be landing, (i promise i wont touch the wheel trims )
    cheers Ronnie

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast